Monday, September 15, 2014

A summer surprise!

My most wonderful daughter-in-law asked me to make some bloomers for Charlotte.  I was thrilled to have been asked to make these, so I got right on it.



So I proceeded to make the two colors requested....white and baby pink.  Aren't they cute?  Then I started to think about it...  why mail a package with only 2 bloomers in it, when I could send a little surprise?


I went to my favorite thrift store, and ran across this old Simplicity pattern and the light bulb went off...a new summer dress!


It called for such a small amount of fabric, I knew I'd have plenty in my stash.



 

The package has been received, and she loved it all!  I can't wait to see her in all her new stuff.
Linking to: Sew Cute Tuesday! at Blossom Heart Quilts!  Let's Bee Social! at Sew Fresh Quilts!

12 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

So cute!

Kim said...

Ooooh.....that outfit is darling!

Susan said...

How adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing a photo or two.....

Lorna McMahon said...

Those little bloomers are darling. And that outfit is so cute! What a lovely set! Nice work, Grandma Vicki!

Jeanie said...

Those are so cute! In my blog list, before I open your post,all I see at first is the first picture and I'm wondering what those "big girl panties" were going to be about. Turns out they weren't big girl panties, but little girl bloomers. :) She'll look darling in the outfit!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Just adorable, Vicki, both the bloomers and the outfit.

Jackie said...

What fun! These are just darling.

Needled Mom said...

How sweet! I LOVE your additional items!

cityquilter grace said...

how fun....i sewed for my girl when she was little and we are hoping God blesses us all with a new little one and if so, i'll be following your lead...adorable and way too much fun!

Vera said...

These are so cute and fun!

Unknown said...

beautiful, and the best part about making things for babies is you can do it all over again in a few months. Lucky baby!

Wendy said...

how adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...