Monday, November 24, 2014

Hartland fun!

I'm sure that we all love retreats...I know I do!  I went to a retreat recently up in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.  It was beautiful!


The Reedley Mennonite Quilt Center sponsored the weekend, and brought up some items for sale from their store!  Yes, I did my fair share of shopping.


The space was large and filled with great light.


My great friend Dotty and I shared this little corner of the room.  That's my 'Jemma' (Janome) out front!


These are my completed projects from the weekend.  Love these little minis.

 
This is the outside of the sewing building.  There was even a guy who sharpened scissors for FREE!
 


Cloth napkins and table clothes for each meal!  The food was fantastic.  Lots of choices.


This is the building we stayed in.


Great accommodations!  Only Dotty and I in this BIG room.  A great time was had by all.  It will be a whole year before I get to go to another retreat.  Sad face!

Linking to:  Anything Goes Monday at Stitch by Stitch!  Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts!

19 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Yes retreats are so much fun and amazingly I get lots done along with all the chatter!! The accomodations you had are fabulous!! The one I go to here in MN also is out in nature with a great view from the lodge.

Kim said...

I spy with my li'l eye, Miss Vicki's reflection in the mirror! Such a gorgeous place in which to retreat. The building in which you stitched those gorgeous minis of yours is amazing....gorgeous countryside, too. How lovely to stitch away in such a glorious setting and chat away with kindred spirits!

Shelley @ Cora's Quilts said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time! Will you share the name of the retreat facility? We live in the foothills below Auburn, Ca and I'm so sure I've spent several weekends here as a High school youth minister. Such a beautiful setting!!!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Oh it looks like great fun! Good for you. Thanks for sharing all of the beautiful pictures. The mini's you made are awesome.

Mary Huey said...

Love retreats!!

Betty said...

I know you had fun and it looks like it was a great retreat.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

WHat an awesome retreat location!!! I'm in retreat withdrawals!!! LOL!! LOve your nail polish mini's...esp. the one with the circle quilting!!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Wish I could have been there with you, looks like you had fun - and your minis are great I like how you did pebble quilting on the circular background fabric and straight line on the solid - Chris :D

Carla said...

Fabulous nail polish quilts!

Susan said...

The accommodation reminds me of when I go on school camp- without the pesky kids, of course! Looks like you had a ball!

Amy at love made my home said...

I really like the little nail polish quilts! Glad that you had such a good time, it looks like a great setting and it must be lovely to meet so many like minded people to share your experience with! xx

Lorna McMahon said...

Such lovely accommodations! Looks like a nice place to sew and hang with your quilting peeps. Love those two minis you worked on. Especially the one with the straight line quilting. Beautiful!

Kaja said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to be able to do something like this! Looks like a great venue too.

cityquilter grace said...

what a lovely location and great sewing space...know what you mean, i have another year too for my delish retreat!

Lara B. said...

Looks like Sew Much Fun Vicki!

Emmajane said...

It looks like a great retreat! And I love those mini quilts!

Frederique said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and hard work of course!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your retreat looks wonderful - I'd love to go on one :)

Laney said...

I've never been to a retreat, but it looks like fun!I love your nail polish minis!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...