Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Love retreats and love winning!

Last February I went to a retreat at Bass Lake California.


It was beautiful and so much fun.  They had a block exchange, and I won 13 blocks!  My dear friend Dotty, sitting there on the right, won 12 blocks.  We decided to combine our blocks and make a quilt for MCC...the organization that I sew most of my projects for.  (See info above in the "Who are "Who are MCC & MDS?" tab)






We needed only to add a few more squares, have it professionally quilted and then I got to bind it.  Now it is done and ready to go up for auction at this years sale!!  The sale is held at Fresno Pacific University on April 10 & 11.  Thanks to all the ladies from "Quilting in the Pines"!!

Linking to:  Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts!  Let's Bee Social with Sew Fresh Quilts!  NTT at My Quilt Infatuation!  Can I Get A Whoop Whoop! at Confessions of a Fabric Addict!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt turned out so beautiful! Sampler quilts are my favorite to make. So much fun!

Jeanie said...

It's fabulous, Vicki! I'll bet it will do really well. Our relief sale isn't until fall and I've heard that they may accept machine quilting for the first time this year. I don't know for sure yet, but it will certainly bring in TONS more money if they do. Here's hoping!

Amy at love made my home said...

What a great way to use your blocks! Another wonderful contribution to the charitable cause for sure! xx

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Bravo! What a great way to use those beautiful blocks! The colors are great!

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful quilt!

Susan said...

What a beautiful quilt you have created Vicki! I love the soft colour palette!

https://tastytextiles.blogspot.com/ said...

It looks wonderful and the workshop looks a hive of industry, I'm sure you must be wanting to go all over again.
Gilli @ Tasty Textiles by Textile Cottage and Stitched Together

Lorna McMahon said...

The quilt is gorgeous.... I love the setting you two used for your blocks and the border, too. This should bring a lot of money in the auction!

Lorna McMahon said...

The quilt is gorgeous.... I love the setting you two used for your blocks and the border, too. This should bring a lot of money in the auction!

Kim said...

All those lovely blocks maketh a beautiful quilt, Miss Vicki! Each block sits perfectly with it's neighbour, neither one jostling for singular attention. 'Tis a glorious quilt!

Lace Faerie said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the use of neutrals!

Mary Huey said...

Lovely quilt and a very generous gesture to donate it to a great ministry!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING quilt!! Love it!!
Mrs Patch

Maggie said...

Love the colors!

Michele said...

Oh wow. That is just fabulous and I'm sure it will be a hit.

Lynette said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous :) It looks like that was a marvelous retreat. I'm going to a beautiful mountain cabin retreat in March - can't wait, and your photo made me super-eager all over again for that time to arrive. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...