Friday, January 24, 2014

A wallhanging and a table runner...


Once again, I had some leftover blocks from a donated UFO.  What to do?  I decided that this block was perfect for a housewarming wall hanging!


I am donating this to the MDS "Housewarming" Sister-Link!  You can go to this link to see the other wall hanging that I made for MDS.  If you are interested in joining me in donated a wall hanging, click here for more information OR leave a comment and I can send you more information.


I used 'organic' lines to quilt this piece horizontally.


With these two donated blocks, I decided to make a table runner.  I like the modern feel they have.


With this runner, I quilted lines vertically, very close together.



Here you can see how close.  This table runner will be donated to the MCC Sale on April 4 & 5 of this year.

I am linking to Can I Get a Whoop! Whoop! and Finish it up Friday.

  Also, head on ever to Simply Miss Luella to wish her a happy 2 year blogaversary!!!  She is have a fun giveaway.

If you live where it is winter....you may want to check out the wonderful spring flowers down under in Oz!!!  Go on over to Sarah Lizzie's to see her phenomenal  garden!!  Thank you Kim, for the reminder that there is more to weather then just snow!


15 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

It's always so fun to see lonely blocks become part of a beautiful project.

Janet Szabo said...

I am a relatively new quilter but what I really love is piecing, so one of the ladies in my church and I have set up a system. (we belong to a Mennonite church up in NW Montana). I piece the wallhangings and she quilts them and gets them sent to MDS. I also pieced a quilt top that our quilting group is going to finish for the MDS sale in October. She has taught me so much and we are enjoying working and creating together.

Lorna McMahon said...

Both pieces are lovely, Vicki..... But that table runner? Yum-m-m-my! Love the quilting and what a great close up pic! That colour combination is quite inspiring, too! You do good work for good causes!

Susan said...

It is inspiring to see what you create with orphan blocks!

Renee said...

I love the wonky-ness of the first one! And close quilting lines adds such a nice texture!

Renee said...

I love the wonky-ness of the first one! And close quilting lines adds such a nice texture!

Kim said...

Some modern gal is going to love to receive these projects, Miss Vicki! Oh, the magic you can do to leftovers!! They are lovely. Oh...and by the way glad to impart a li'l sunshine and colour to those of you over there in the USofA!!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Wow! Look at that close straight line quilting! Impressed!

Trepmom said...

These are great, Vicki. You express your art beautifully!

Sara said...

Love that organic line quilting,never ceases to amaze me how it livens the fabric up every time!

hula-la said...

My goodness, your work is wonderful! Not a quilter myself, but a quilt collector, I am! Love them all! And would love to put that little bag to good use, so please count me in. Enjoy the blog party! Aloha

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Great quilting for those blocks. I really want to try that simple line design, but I know it is a whole lot of lines!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Great quilting for those blocks. I really want to try that simple line design, but I know it is a whole lot of lines!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Great quilting for those blocks. I really want to try that simple line design, but I know it is a whole lot of lines!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Great quilting for those blocks. I really want to try that simple line design, but I know it is a whole lot of lines!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...