Having scraps is talked about a lot. I decided that I didn't want to hold onto those left overs from my last flimsy, so I got to work. You can read more about it here!
I had several pieced squares and I cut some 2 1/2 in squares.
With the 2 1/2 in squares I made an arm pincushion with a thread catcher.
I used the leftover pieced squares just like I did for this completed flimsy! I even pieced it just like the larger version.
I thought it might be fun to try spiral quilting. I marked the center by drawing a circle around a quarter. I used my walking foot.
And started my journey. It was only difficult for the first 5 or so rotations. I will definitely use this method again.
I machine sewed the binding on. I decided to use the off white Aurifil 50wt, because that is what I used for the rest of the quilt.
I had to piece the back when I found out that the fabric I had was cut in half! I am really liking pieced backs now days.
This quilt measures 34x34, and will be used as a wall hanging. It is being donated to MDS**. You can read more about MDS (Mennonite Disaster Service) and what they do on my homepage tab. If you'd like to participate in donating a wall hanging for a disaster victim, I'd be happy to tell you more about this project.
**"Housewarming" Sister-link. Linking women with families who receive new houses from Mennonite Disaster Service. You can find more info here.