Sunday, March 9, 2014

Finally, a baby shower for Charlotte!

I know that there are a lot of you who have followed along with the trials and journey of our grand daughter, Charlotte.  We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that have gone up on her behalf.  God is good, and she is doing wonderfully.  She is 6 months old and rolling over now, and her weight keeps going up and up.  She started out at 2lb 2oz, in September of 2013.  But, as of her last Doctor visit, she was 11 lb... I know she weighs more now!

She has finally been given clearance to travel, and they are all coming to visit.  We decided that this would be a great opportunity to have her baby shower!  So, I have gotten busy and made a few things for her.  I showed you about the cart cover here! 


These are the 3 patterns I have chosen to follow.



Don't you love these little piggies?


Every baby needs a sun hat, especially here in California.  I used ribbon instead of a Velcro strap.


I think that an eyelet bonnet should be included in every babies wardrobe!


Look at the matching butterfly buttons.




Love the ric-rac!


This is a little blankie for her to hold onto and enjoy.  It is 12x12.  The pink is minkie and the purple is satin!



And finally, a diaper basket made with the leftovers from her bedding.  I hope that you liked this little sneak peek into Charlotte's shower gifts.  I will take lots of pictures of Charlotte so that you can see how big she's getting!!

Now a few photos of Charlotte.....


This is Papa changing her diaper shortly after she was born. 2lb 2oz.


She's holding her daddy's finger!  She was about 6 wks old when they dressed her for the first time.

 
Grammy with Charlotte.
 

 
Check out her bonnet!  A tad to big HUGE, but she will get use out of it for years to come.



The table was set with the finest that I have.  I loved making this bouquet for the centerpiece!  I could have gone on, but I wanted to save you the boredom.  This little 11 lb, blue eyed doll is safe in her own bed tonight.  Thanks for letting me share the fun I have had planning this little celebration.

I am linking to:  Anything Goes Monday with Marilize at Stitch by Stitch!  Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts and Alyce!


28 comments:

Susan said...

What a delightful post! I love all the sweet gifts you made! But I loved seeing Charlotte having a 'grandma cuddle' the best of all!

Peg said...

Oh my goodness, she is seriously sooo cute bless her little heart. She looks well, her shower gifts are beautiful, such a tiny bundle growing into a gorgeous little girl.

Grand children are so special it will be wonderful watching her progress and seeing her in those darling little outfits.

Peg x

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

So many beautiful things in this post! The shower table is lovely! Your sewing projects are gorgeous! How much fun to have a granddaughter to sew for....and what a lucky baby to have such a talented Grammy! But most importantly, Charlotte is a doll!

RaisingCropsAndBabies said...

Love all your girly sewing! And Charlotte is adorable!

RaisingCropsAndBabies said...

Love all your girly sewing! And Charlotte is adorable!

RaisingCropsAndBabies said...

Love all your girly sewing! And Charlotte is adorable!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

This post was far from being boring. Thanks you for sharing your joy and celebration with us!! Charlotte looks sooo wonderfully healthy and happy!! (Grandma does too)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Your post has made me so very happy for you all, I just can't believe it's 6 months already. I look forward to seeing many more pics, big hugs to everyone :D

Michele said...

All of the items are just beautiful and she is absolutely adorable.

Amy at love made my home said...

All of your makes are of course beautiful! I am so glad that you were able to have the shower and that your little one is doing so very well. xx

Unknown said...

She is beautiful and the patterns reminded me of how much I enjoyed making cute outfits for my daughter 27 years ago!! Oh I can't wait to have grand babies :-)

ipatchandquilt said...

Loving everything baby!
Gorgeous sewing!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Kim said...

Love, love this post, Miss Vicki!! Love how many prayers of many people have culminated in your gorgeous li'l Charlotte, after a very worrying beginning, growing into a healthy, happy and contented baby!! Love all your stitching. Love that cute as cute sun hat, the bonnet, the gorgeous outfit. Your table beautifully set in readiness for your fun celebration looks mighty fine as well...fit for a princess!! Your bouquet is as purty as a picture!! So happy for you, Grammy!!

jan said...

I just can't believe it's been 6 months! Charlotte is so beautiful. A sweet bundle of joy and answered prayers! You did a great job Grandma with the sewing! Thank you for sharing your precious grand with us! :)
xo jan

Lorna McMahon said...

Praise the Lord! Our sweet Charlotte is doing so well! It is great to see her and know how far she has come. You are right! She will soon be grown into those gorgeous outfits made with love by her grandma. Those flowers are so beautiful, too. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time with your family this weekend! Hugs!

Austysmum said...

What a spoilt little (adorable!) girl!! I love everything you made her but especially the butterfly dress set, and your sweet bouquet is beautiful! I hope you had a fantastic little celebration!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I'm so glad to hear Charlotte has grown so much and is so well! She looks adorable and she's very lucky to receive all those beautiful things you've made :)

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Oh how wonderful that precious Charlotte is coming to visit! What a blessing that she is doing so well. And, her clothes are so lovely, what a special celebration!

September Violets said...

You have certainly sewn a lot of love for your precious Charlotte!! She is adorable! The first photos of her are so sweet ... especially when we know now that she has come through the worst and is safe home now. Love all the outfits you've made for her ... cute, cute, cute!! Enjoy the time spent together :) Wendy x

*Cornelia* said...

So many cute baby things, and glad Charlotte is doing better now, my little girl Ida Charlotte is nearly the same, 5 month right now.

Jacqui S. said...

How lovely to have Charlotte in your family, and I really love the pretty things you've made for her! How she will love wearing them.

Vera said...

What a sweet little girl. Glad to hear she is doing well. Pretty things you made for her as well.

Wendy said...

Oh what a beautiful little girl! You made some beautiful outfits for her

Shari said...

Charlotte is just a little darling, and the outfits you made for her are very pretty. She'll fill them out very quickly! Lovely table setting... I've no doubt everything was just perfect. Loving your bouquet!

Jayne said...

So adorable!

Margaret said...

What a beautiful selection of things for a beautiful little girl. How lucky you all are to have her!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Believe me, I was anything but bored reading your post and seeing all of your pictures of Charlotte. Having had a preemie myself, I have just loved seeing her progress. And with such a talented grandmother, she is sure to be the best dressed baby!

Thanks for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Val's Quilting Studio said...

You inspired me to make a little ribbon blankie for my grandson! I'll be sure to link back to this very special post on Saturday when I post it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...