Sunday, August 11, 2013

Show me...

I am linking over to Sarah Quilts' Show me yours...I'll show you mine linky party!  She is giving us all an opportunity to look into what and how others control their stash.  How fun is this?

As a lot of you know, I deal almost exclusively with donated fabrics, so I have a very LARGE stash.  I have a hard time finding enough room for it all.  It is scattered in 3 closets and 3 rooms!  Control is an issue for me.  Here is a little peek into my stash world.
 We (NFQuilters) get donations all year long!  I love seeing what fabrics come in.  It comes to us in bags....
 ...big and small.  It comes in boxes, big and small...plastic and cardboard.
 It is fun to see what UFOs come in. 



We get BOMs and antique blocks.  We get the projects that others just don't want to finish or even start.  We really do love it all!

This is one of my closets.  My wonderful husband put this great Ikea wardrobe into our laundry room.  When I get bundles ready to be cut, they go onto my bottom shelf.  At present, I have about 25 quilts that are ready to be cut and sewn.  The top shelf has my larger cuts.  I use my 6x12 in. ruler, fold the fabric in half (selveges to fold) and wind it around into neat folded lengths.  It keeps everything the same size and they take up less room!

It is so much fun to get to show all of you my stash!  I hope that this little taste of what I do inspires you to donate to a worthy charity.  You can read more about my charity work on my 'about me' page and my 'who are MCC and MDS' page.

Thanks Sarah for such a fun party!  If you have more questions for me,  just ask!!  I do love hearing from all of you!

7 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I think this is the most exciting stash share! It must be wonderful opening all those bags and boxes and never knowing what you're going to find inside!

Lorna McMahon said...

I really enjoyed your tip about how you fold your fabric using your ruler. And your point about donating unwanted fabric or projects to a worthy cause. Great post, Vicki!

Anonymous said...

How cool that you turn other's unfinished or undesired projects into something complete and useful!

Really inspiring, thank you so much for sharing!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

woooo, Vicki! that's some stash! The best thing about it though, is what you DO with it!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Kim said...

Pretty impressive stash you have there, Miss Vicki! What I love about your stash is the wonderful quilts you make with your magic fingers; that bring so many warm hugs; so much joy and blessing to those who need it!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I might have some more destash to add to your stash...

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Loved finding out more about how you store your stash, you fold your fabric the same way I do - it stacks so easily that way too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...