SO.....I made my own!
I started off by drawing up a new pattern. I have never made a "Purse", so I had to scale it down from my usual tote size.
I got all of the interfacing ironed on and I was ready to quilt this puppy!
Then it was time for the two "blind pockets" on the outside of the purse. You can find my tutorial on installing them HERE!!
This is what a blind pocket looks like without a zipper! I top stitch close to the sewn edge for more stability.
Here are all the pieces, labeled and ready to sew together.
This is the outside shell of the purse. You can see the lining piece to the left.
Here is the finished bag! You can see the zippered pocket and the slit pocket on the inside. I like lots of pockets in my purses. I also like a single handle.
This handle was installed with 'D' rings.
Perfect size. 8h x 12w x 4d. Two outside slit pockets, 2 inside pockets....1 patch slit and 1 zipper blind. Handle drop is 14". I think I will like this purse. I used leftover bits from other projects. I used 3 different interfacings on the outside shell. Featherweight iron on fusible, iron on fusible batting and ultra firm stabilizer. These are all Pelon brand.
Linking to: Let's Bee Social! with Lorna as our hostess with the mostess!!