Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hemming my way!

Back at the end of July and the beginning of August, I had to spend 2 wks flat on my back.  I had a disc rupture, and would hardly move.  Now, this is not ideal for someone who sews every day and is always busy.  Then, I remembered that I had 4 quilts in the closet that needed to be hemmed....so, I got them out - no, actually my husband got them out for me - and I started my hemming!

 This little quilt was prairie stitched.  I didn't realize that there are some of you that don't know what prairie stitching is...well...it is the same thing as big stitching.  The gals at NFQ use perle cotton.
 This one was also prairie stitched.  Not sure why it's so blurry.  Sorry!
 This quilt was tied.
 This one was also prairie stitched.  Yep, I finished all 4 of these little beauties in about 4 days.  At least I felt like I was being useful.  They have all been turned in and are ready for next years MCC auction.  If you want to read more about the charity that I sew for, go to just under my header (MCC & MDS) and there is a page that will explain it all to you!  These 4 quilts were made with donated fabrics.  It is people like you that donate from their stashes that make these charity quilts possible.
Another thing about being in bed for 2 weeks, you have time to surf the web and end up purchasing!  I got these wonderful FQ of 'A Merry Little Christmas' by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake.  I'm making a table runner for my dinning room table!

Linking to: Anything Goes Monday! Over at Stitch by Stitch.

10 comments:

Susan said...

There's no stopping you, is there Vicki? I'm sorry to hear you have not been well! Here's to a speedy recovery and more happy sewing time!

Amy at love made my home said...

I expect that the pictures were blurry in sympathy with you feeling blurry yourself. I am amazed that you still managed to keep sewing through all this, you are wonderful. xx

Kaja said...

I hope you have recovered fully now. Your determination is admirable - all that hemming in one go!

Unknown said...

HGope you get well on your feet soon. Great way to do all that hemming!
Love from Amsterdam

Lorna McMahon said...

You can't keep a good quilter down for long. All that hemming of bindings kept your hands busy and looks fabulous! Can't wait to see your new Christmas runner!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh you and I are two peas in a pod...as that's exactly what I would have done if life slowed me down...once I was hopsitalized and my bed was littered with santa felt crafts....the nurses laughed. :)Glad you are feeling better!

Kim said...

Flat on your back, Miss Vicki and still you stitch! Amazing! 'Tis a blessing you are!

cityquilter grace said...

omigosh....beautiful riley blake designs indeed....

barbara woods said...

beautiful fabric, hope you are getting better

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Your green quilt look gorgeous! I didn't know either what a prairie stitch is... I'm glad I came to your place today. I love your attitude. Remembering that you had hemming work to do was great for your mood, I' sure. I myself will keep that in mind in case I find myself in the same situation. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...