Sunday, October 19, 2014

UFO BOM!

Isn't it amazing how many acronyms we have in the quilting world?  I work with a LOT of donated fabrics, kits and BOMs.  This quilt was one of them.  I'd like to thank Cindy from Live A Colorful Life for donating this BOM!  It is always fun to see what others purchase, start sewing and then change their mind for whatever reason.

 This is a 14 month BOM.  Last I checked, a year had 12 months!!
 I am not an applique person, but this had plenty of them, I just used Pelon Wonder Under and raw edge appliqued the pieces down.

 Lots and lots of pressing with all of these pieces.
 When your corners match up so well....is that a sign you're going to have a good day?
 I laid it out on our Cal King bed to make sure it all looked OK.  Gives you and idea as to how big this quilt is!

So there you have it, it is all together and ready to be finished.  I have already turned it into the NFQs, I'm anxious to see what they do with her.

If you'd like to know how you can donate your fabric, kits, UFOs or BOMs...just leave a comment and I will get back to you!  All donations are made into lovely quilts and donated to MCC (see the page in my heading) and the money raised goes towards worldwide disaster relief.

Linking to: Sew Cute Tuesdays! at Blossom Heart Quilts. Fabric Tuesday! at Quilt Story.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Vicki! All that work! I would love to donate a quilt I have sitting there that my sister asked me to finish but the cost would be so prohibitive! Maybe I should get to it and donate it to a charity here! You are an inspiration!

Jeanie said...

What a beautiful quilt! I have lots of UFO's myself. I'm always amazed at how excited I was to start a particular project, then loose my enthusiasm and it goes to the bottom of the list. You brought this UFO back to life and the results are fabulous. Great job!

Lorna McMahon said...

That was one big job! You finished her off beautifully, Vicki. What a fun project with all that piecing and applique!

Carol Swift said...

That quilt is gorgeous and the colors are so beautiful...love it!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Just beautiful. So glad you finished it. I had such high hopes for it and I'm sure it will make someone very happy!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is beautiful!!!!! I can see that there is an awful lot of detail though and intricate pieces, so I can imagine that scaring off someone like me with very little experience so I wonder if that is why this was sadly not completed. Whatever the reason it doesn't matter now though does it because it is all done and wonderful too!! xx

Kim said...

You are quite simply amazing Miss Vicki! This quilt top is a beauty. So many intricate details. It will be a stand out once it is quilted and finished. So happy to see that you are never bored!

Mary Huey said...

My first visit to your blog and I'm so glad I came -- one of my most popular lectures is UFQ Assault Tactics and now I have another "tactic" to share with folks!!

Connie said...

When all your corners match up, it most defiantly means that you are going to have a grand and beautiful day, and not the frustrating day that you have when they don’t, LOL. This quilt is gorgeous. Now, I'm new at this ...so what is a BOM and a UFO?
Have a happy day.
Connie :)

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Wow, that is one huge quilt. It's always a good day when corners match up :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...