Sunday, October 12, 2014

There's just one!

I have a friend, and there is no one else like her in the world!  She has been a faithful follower here on my blog and in real life.  Her birthday is only 3 days away, so I had to think of something to make her quick.  I had to be able to use what I have in my stash because I can't drive yet.  Soooooo,,,

 I didn't have a pattern, but had seen something similar to this on the "Dog Under My Desk" site.  She calls it her 'zip-n-go' hipster.  I take absolutely NO credit for this design or idea.
 The inside of the largest compartment has a wall to wall pocket about 4 1/2" deep.

 I used 'D' rings for the handle.  It is not adjustable.  The drop is about 21".
The lining is just quilters cotton.  The outside is deco weight fabric.  There is interfacing on all pieces.  I used warm and white as batting before I quilted  the front and back.  The zippers are from "zipit" on Craftsy.   The purse measures 6 1/2 x 8.

Now, let's hope she likes it!  She does like it!  She's already used it for an out of town adventure!!  Success!

Linking to: Anything Goes Monday! at Stitch by Stitch!

13 comments:

Susan said...

What a delightful bag, Vicki! I can guarantee your friend will love this! I would!

Kim said...

Oh but it's not my birthday yet, Miss Vicki!! ;)) Seriously though, this li'l bag is so sweet and soooo clever!

Vera said...

Looks great and very useful too!

Lorna McMahon said...

Such a cute bag, Vicki! Of course she will love it!

Betty said...

It is so beautiful and I love it. I know she will too.

legato1958 said...

Totally cute! What a perfect birthday gift! I love the the blue and yellow zippers ... giving the cute fabric a punch of color!
Susie

Paula said...

So cute! I made some little zip/wrist pouches recently and was asked about a bigger pocket for cell phones. This would be perfect! And Zipit is THE place for zippers. Just got a new shipment from them last week!

Jeanie said...

No surprise that she liked it. I'm sure her birthday will be extra special because of your sweet gift. Love the cute little owls.

Amy at love made my home said...

What a lovely present and what lovely fabric! I hope that you can get back to driving soon. xx

Unknown said...

I am that friend and I really do love that bag. But not as much as I love Vicki! Thank you, my friend!

Quilting Stories said...

Juste adorable! I love this little owl fabric!

CeLynn said...

Just adorable! She would love it just because it was made from you! That is how friends are.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm amazed that you did this without a pattern. I have made two WITH the pattern and there were a couple of tricky parts--at least for me. Very cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...