Saturday, May 24, 2014

A new pattern that is so easy to make!!

My friend Deborah texted me the other day with a link for a great 2 zipper pouch that she really liked!  hint-hint!  I managed to find my way over to this blog Fili & Lino and they are crafting wizards.  I love this pattern and it is FREE!!




Sorry this photo is sideways, but you can see their header.  They say it was designed to hold a cell phone on one side and sunglasses on the other!  It's perfect for a ton of uses.  I used a lot of little scraps to piece the outside.


First thing you do is sew your two zippers together.  I used two different colors, but both the same would work too.


You can see that I used about 1/8" seam.


Next came the little end tab.  This will fall just at the pull for the zippers.


Now it is time to square the corners.  And just like that, the outside of the bag is done!


Then came the time to attach each pocket and square their corners.  The pockets are quilted for extra softness and protection.  I think that next time I will quilt the outside of the bag also.

 
 
Here it is complete!  I have my camera inside the first shot and my cell phone in the second.  This little pouch would have plenty of room for the larger iphones too!  The hardest part of making this bag was turning it.  If you have a chance to visit their blog and get this tutorial.....DO IT!  measures 7 w x 4 h x 2 d.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Another purdy li'l pouch, Miss Vicki!!

Susan said...

And you make it sound SO easy Vicki! It is a nifty little pouch! I might just need to try one!

Lorna McMahon said...

I love the black and white zipper combo. This would be a great first time pouch pattern for someone like me. Thanks for sharing, Vicki! I am inspired!

Cassandra said...

That's a fantastic little pouch, and I love your choice of a scrappy outside. Thankyou for the link, I will definitely be adding this to my must try list!

Unknown said...

What a great little pouch - thanks for the link. Here via Stitch and Stitch Link Party.

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Oh this is a Great pouch! Just recently made my first single zipper pouch myself! FYI happily found you through Karin and Anything Goes Monday!

Karin said...

Thanks for visiting the Linky Party...that is a great pouch! I bookmarked this straight away. I am so inspired by this...definitely need to try this.

SIMPLESEW said...

Stopping by from anything Goes on Monday to share with my friends. I have a quilt in the Umbrella trimmings competition. And a giveaway on my blog if you would like to join in. This is fabulous and useful, I like my handmade items used.

Allison said...

cute little pouch! thanks for directing us to this handy tutorial :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...