Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gotta love this purse!

Last week I took my new purse to NFQ, and one of the gals commissioned me to make one for her!  Her request was varying colors of gray from light to dark, and that it look just like mine.  Here is what I heard her saying...


I went to JoAnn and purchased 3 different colors of gray, gray zippers, gray belting and antique silver 'D' rings.  I came home and dug out my original purse pattern.  She requested that it be exactly like this pattern.


I got all the pieces cut, labeled, and the first layer of interfacing ironed on.  I always use feather weight Pelon for the first layer.  On the body of the purse I also use a layer of batting and some ultra heavy stabilizer.  That is what gives my bags such great body!


This is the outside pieces.  You can see how I quilted it and the pockets.  One on front and back.


Here is the lining.  A zip pocket and a slit pocket.


Here I am boxing the corners.


And here is the end result!  I am please with how it came out.  I used a webbing handle with a fabric overlay.  The handle is one yard of webbing.



Here you can see both inside pockets!


It measures 9" high x 12" wide x 5" deep.  A great size for around town.  Now let's hope that she likes it!!

Linking to: Anything Goes Monday! at Stitch By Stitch.


15 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

Fabulous bag, she will be thrilled!!!
Esther

Janarama said...

It's a great bag! If she doesn't love it, my address is ... LOL.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I'm sure she'll love it!

Susan said...

Of course she will love it! Can you tell me Vicki- what is the difference between stabilizer and interfacing. We have a variety of interfacing weights but I am not sure we have stabilizer of any sort!

Kim said...

How could she not love this gorgeous bag!! I love the fabrics, very cool, very cool indeed!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Serious....you are an awesome bag maker!!! Another winner! It will be a well loved gift for sure!!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

You do such beautiful work! Those zippers are perfect! Wow!

Sandy said...

she will!! its fantastic!!

Amy at love made my home said...

How great that you had a commission! The bag looks really great, I am sure that it will be loved and well used. xx

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I like it! Wait, it's not for me.

I like how you did the handle, it looks really smart but will be comfortable and sturdy.

Quilting Stories said...

Great job, this bag is beautiful!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

Beautiful work! Is this your own pattern? I keep seeing these wonderful bags... I'm gonna have to pull the trigger and finally make myself a bag!

Vera said...

Nice indeed! Well done! Grey will go well with anything she wears.

Lorna McMahon said...

Perfect fabrics you used for this version of your bag. Especially the chevrons! She's got to just love this!

CeLynn said...

How could she not? I sure do! Just wondering how you went about wrapping the fabric around the webbing? I have tried that a time or two but my end result didn't even look half as nice as yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...