Monday, November 4, 2013

A secret gift for Deborah...

Today while at quilting, my friend Deborah (Simply Miss Luella) spotted my small zipper pouch and said that she wished she had one for her ear buds! Well, I made one for her this evening. Now shhhh...it is a secret! Don't let her know.



Right now, for the moment, her favorite color is green. So I choose a green and yellow plaid for the outside of this tiny zippered pouch, with my signature lemons for the lining! I followed the lines of the plaid for a simple 1/2 in. quilted grid pattern.





Slit one piece of the fabric in half, zig-zaged the edges, and added the zipper.



I used a 4 in. tumbler to make my circles. I made sure to center the zipper in the circle. I made a tab with jump ring for keys or ease of carrying.



I sewed a 1/4 in seam all around....twice! Then I zig-zagged the edges.



I turned it very carefully, there...you can see the jump ring!...smoothed out the seams and pressed.



Ear bud pouch closed...



Ear bud pouch open! Sorry that the pictures aren't the best. The lighting in my sewing room is not the best, even with my Ott light.  Finished size is 31/2 in. across, and it took more time to choose which fabric I wanted to use, then it did sewing this little gem!

Check out Can I Get A Whoop! Whoop! and Finish It Up Friday.  These are both great sites for viewing Friday finishes.

9 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Whenever you work your magic with lemons.... They always turn out sweet! Great job, Vicki!

Deborah said...

This is so cute! I promise not to tell! Hee hee.

OPQuilt said...

Very cute! Deb should be thrilled with this.

:) Elizabeth

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

oh, Vicki! this is too cute! a perfect little place for earbuds. She'll love it!

:) Kelly

Kim said...

'Tis very cute Miss Vicki!! I won't tell if you don't! Mmmmmm.... does that mean that if I should perhaps say that I would love a swoon quilt just like yours you just might........no.....oh well, it was worth a try!!!! ;O

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Lucky Deborah! This is cute :)

Unknown said...

Love the green plaid, mama!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Love it Vicki, lucky Deborah :D

Live a Colorful Life said...

Very cute! I have made several of these and given them all away. I wonder if I could find someone to make one for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...