Friday, November 22, 2013

A UFO completed!


I can't believe that it took me so long to get some Machingers gloves.  What a dream!  I added a couple of borders to make this UFO top complete, basted it and now it is ready for some quilting action.


I did lazy 8 in the outside green border, in the ditch in the maroon border, and diagonal in the body of the quilt.


Lots of those pesky ends/knots to bury.  What a chore!



Getting the binding on with care.



Inspecting for loose strings that might need to be buried.



Still working on the knots/strings!


And there you have it.  A completed quilt.  It measures 72x89.



Shortly after this picture was snapped, I took it in to wash the last of the blue marks out and give her that loved, crinkly feel!  Much to my horror.....the reds ran!  I had 3 color catchers in there.  I have washed it again with color catchers, and she is a bloody mess!  Any suggestions?

Linking to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts!!

Anything Goes Monday!  with Stitch by Stitch's Marlize.

14 comments:

Christine S said...

Nice job!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I hope the red comes out :( that was a block exchange I was in so one of those blocks is mine. But so long ago I can't remember which one

Patchwork and Play said...

Oh no! I hope you eventually get the dye out! All the work spoiled by some red dye! Boo hoo!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I always keep a bottle of Synthropol next to the machine. If you see bleding when it comes out of the wash, just rewash with Synthropol and I have always had good luck.

Hope you can recover that lovely quilt.

made by ChrissieD said...

Oh no Vicki, hope you manage to rescue your quilt :(

kim said...

Oh dear...that happened to me recently. And it was red too. All I had on hand was regular stain remover so I tried that. Then my washer broke down with the quilt inside. The stain came out a bit but I wasn't happy with it so I appliqued some birds on top of it.
Keep us updated on your outcome! Good luck :)

ChristaQuilts said...

Oh no! I've had a few quilts run on me and it's so heartbreaking after all that hard work!

Try the synthropol with really hot water. You can boil some and add it to your wash water.

The quilting looks great though :-)

Lorna McMahon said...

I just got my first pair of Machingers gloves, too! Great minds think alike! I am heartbroken to read of your red running... And hope you can fix this using Cynthia's suggestion! It is such a beautiful finish!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I've had that happen to me! try stain remover, and wash again with several more color catchers. It worked for me! It's a lovely quilt!

ps- thank you for your lovely comment on my Holiday Sewing. You're showing up as a no-reply blogger today!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anna and Sarah said...

Just followed your blog! Come follow us back! Thanks.

quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

Vicki Posten said...

test

Sara said...

Cynthia has the best solution:) It is so pretty!!

Renee said...

Love the setting for the blocks! What a great way to make a sampler. I LOVE my machingers, and finally had to replace my two+ year old pair. Hope you are able to get out the red, bleeding quilts are such a nightmare! All that work and then that happens in the wash, ugh!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday, Vicki!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...