Friday, August 29, 2014

It's A Sister Thing - part 3!

Yes, this is the last installment in my "It's A Sister Thing" reveal.  I told you there were a LOT of photos.  I did loose some of the photos, so there isn't a picture of all of the other goodies I sent to Jeanie.  You can go to her blog post here to see her photos.  While you are there, take a look around.  She does fantastic work!

I found these ladies in my stash, and thought they were so appropriate for an avid sewer/quilter.  I had a lot of fun with them.  Something like this is a great way to practice your FMQ.

 Look at these faces, you simply have to smile!  I first chose the coordinating fabric for the sashing.
 Then the lay out and then the border fabric. 
 I outline quilted each diva, then meander quilted the inside of each square.
I quilted in the ditch around the sashing.
 And straight line quilted on the outside border.  I sewed the binding on by machine...
 ...added a label...
...and she was ready to go!  Yes, this is the last installment of my "It's A Sister Thing" reveal.  I want to thank Michelle for allowing me to participate and for giving me Jeanie as a partner.

Linking to: Can I Get a Whoop? Whoop! at Confessions of a Fabric Addict!  Finish it up Friday! at Crazy Mom Quilts!

15 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

I know that I have already said this lots of times to you Vicki, but it really does bear repeating. You make the loveliest gifts for others and really are an incredibly kind person!! xx

Gina said...

Lovely mini quilt. Quite right that it should go to an avid sewer xxx

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I just love the quilting you have done around each of the divas!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lorna McMahon said...

I am so blessed to have you as my sister, Vicki! Sharing your talent is a sweet way to show how much you care!

Betty said...

These squares are so cute. I have to find me some and a great idea.

Paula said...

This is just absolutely soooooo cute! Can I be your sister?? :)

Jeanie said...

I've enjoyed seeing the "before" process but I'm REALLY enjoying the "after" projects that are happily residing in my sewing room! Thanks again for the great gifts... I'm truly blessed!

Lara B. said...

You did a great job making these cute prints even cuter Vicki!

Ann X said...

Oh, these ladies are so much fun! Really brings a smile.

Snowcatcher said...

Your outline quilting makes the little ladies come to life! So unique and beautiful!

Unknown said...

That came out awesome! Love the little ladies and the quilting around them really adds a little something special to the whole thing.

Catherine said...

That is such a fun quilt. Lucky sister!

Anonymous said...

Just sooo cute! Any chance you have an idea of how to find the fabric (the sewing girls)? My sis would enjoy it!
Thank you,
Janie
isabellaswhimsy@yahoo.com

Vera said...

You done a great job coordinating those sashing fabrics! Looks great all together.

Michele said...

OMG I just love it! And you've given me the perfect idea on how to quilt my wallhanging of the similar gals. I'm glad that you enjoyed the swap and hope to see your name on one of my swap lists in the future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...