Sunday, August 24, 2014

It's A Sister Thing!!!

I am so excited to have been part of "It's A Sister Thing" swap with Michelle over at Quilts From My Crayon Box!!  She assigned us our partners, then we got to 'stalk' them in order to get to know them and their likes.  How fun is that?

I got the wonderful Jeanie at Gracie and Oliver Arts!  What a fun blog.  It was fun to go back in her archives and see what she has been up to, the kind of fabrics and quilts she likes.  She is one busy women!  After exploring for a bit, I know exactly what I was going to make for her.

Jeanie had a beloved cat named Oliver, and I wanted to pay tribute to him with this little pouch.
This is a fast and easy pouch by Moda that is free, on line.  It's called 'Across the Pond Pouch'.  It's a great scrap buster!
 I thought that the bright blue zipper would and a little splash!
My phone lying there give an idea of the size.  Approx. 3x8.  It would be great for sunglasses, even the big ones out today.
 
She loved it all, so it was worth every thought and stitch!
 
I made her other things too, but there isn't room in one post for all the photos!  I'll continue on with the other items with my next post.
 
 
Linking to:Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts.

8 comments:

Susan said...

I love the contrast of black and white with the pale blue zipper! Great job Vicki! I hope you got something pretty in return?!

Jeanie said...

Yup.... I was a happy camper with the things that you made! Like the comment above, I really hope you get some great goodies too.... you are so deserving!

CeLynn said...

What a great little pouch! It looks fabulous! Swaps are so much fun!

Lorna McMahon said...

What a wonderful way to commemorate Oliver. That cat fabric is so fun. Adding the blue zipper was a fantastic way to spice it up!

Gina said...

Love the pouch. I'm in this swap but my partner is away so hasn't opened her parcel yet. I can't wait xx

Michele said...

Very cute and so perfect. I can't wait to see what else you created.

Amy at love made my home said...

How lovely!!! You really do make nice things Vicki. xx

Vera said...

These are cute and your phone even matches the B&W theme!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...