Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My favorite blogland children!

Yep, Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts has two of the sweetest kids.  Even though I have never met them, they call me Auntie Vicki!  I couldn't send a package to Lorna without including something for these two precious kids.

 The first thing was to find appropriate fabric.  They are both in high school, and I didn't want it to be to juvenile.
 I had a lot of fun quilting these.  On Erin's, I outlined each flower.  Then I added the zipper.
 Each one has a pocket for their ear buds.  I'm thinking iPod pouch.

 Russell is a baseball star on his team, and I wanted him not to be embarrassed to carry this pouch!  I quilted around the baseballs.

I added a personal note inside each one, and they love them!!!!  That makes this Auntie feel great.

This pattern is free over at Sew Can She.  Take a look to see all the free patterns she has to offer!

Linking to: Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Sweet Auntie! Those zippered pouches are perfect and I'm sure will be much loved.

Lorna McMahon said...

You are the best, Auntie Vicki! My kids and I sure do appreciate you. Thanks for your handmade gifts and sweet notes. You are sew tweet!

Susan said...

Aren't you the thoughtful Auntie! These are perfect for ipod pouches! Love those baseballs!

Gina said...

WHat a great idea. No wonder they love their Aunty xx

Jeanie said...

Very cute, Vicki, like all of your projects. :-) I'll bet the kids love them!

Amy at love made my home said...

You are so kind Vicki! xx

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are really cute. They will be well-used and well-loved.

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

Super cute! I love the quilting on the flowers.

Unknown said...

How gorgeous Vicki. I love them. Definitely a great gift for teenagers.

OPQuilt said...

Your projects are always so cute! I love seeing them all made up and these two little bags are no exception. Great work!

Elizabeth

Ann X said...

Love the idea! You must be their favourite auntie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...