Sunday, August 17, 2014

Special friends deserve special gifts!

I'm sure that there are a lot of us out in blogland that have made some great friends over the years.  I have several special friends that I have made also.  One of them is Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts!


 
How many of you know that Lorna used to be a motorcycle rider?  I mean driver!  I thought that this fabric was a must for her.
 

And the 'tweet' blue birds are perfect on the inside.






This little panel is so her. I had so much fun FMQing in each segment.  It is 12x12.  Lorna is the one who taught me to do the corner hangers.


I also sent her a stack of four FQ.  I wanted to do a little personal challenge.  We are each to make what we want and can add other fabrics along the way.  I thought of her right away when I saw these Cardinals.  I wonder what she'll make with hers?

My next post is about what I made for Erin and Russell, her wonderful children.  Love you kids!!!!

Linking to: Fabric Tuesday  at Quilt Story.

9 comments:

Gina said...

Great gifts. I'm sure she'll love them xxx

Kim said...

These gifts are lovely. Those motor bike pouches are really revving up!!

Jeanie said...

So cute... Lorna is a lucky lady!

Lorna McMahon said...

I am so blessed to have you for a friend, Vicki! Yes, I do love my little biker pouch and cute wall hanging. Thank you! You are sew appreciated!

Amy DeCesare said...

You rose to the challenge - such great gifts for a great friend! Your FMQ is A+, too!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What a perfect gift for Lorna!! Such a sweet post!! Love our virtual quilting guild!

CeLynn said...

Lorna is such a sweet friend,and she is very fortunate to have you as a friend as well! Can't wait to see what both of you make!

kim said...

Lorna is a lovely quilty friend- always encouraging and inspiring others :)
I can't wait to see what comes from this challenge!

Amy at love made my home said...

What lovely gifts! It will be interesting to see what you both do with your FQ's! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...