Monday, September 2, 2013

An end to 'ME'!

Back in June, I announced that this summer was a 'ME' summer!  Well, all good things must come to an end.  It is time to get back to my charity quilt making once again.  I am looking forward to a busy season.  In order to sew my lemons into lemonade, I must have cut projects.  So....I have been having a cutting marathon for the past 4 days!
As some of you know, I have several closets with donated fabric.  In those closets are plastic bins and bags full of bundles waiting to be cut out.  I just grabbed a bin, and decided that it was as good a place to start as any!
.
Two tops from the "Another Bit of Schnibbles" book.



I use a lot of patterns cut from quilting magazines.
I even have a UFO that was donated!  I had to square up the HST, and now they are ready to be put into a top.

I usually try to get more then just 6 tops cut at a time, but things are a tad bit hectic around here right now.  These 6 will have to do!

Also, I did manage to get the dust ruffle done for our little princess' crib!  Still have to work on the bumper pad.

Super easy to make.  I deliberately made it smaller then the springs frame.  With the slats so wide and close together, it is hard to really tell what it looks like.

Have you ever gone over to Better Off Thread for Lee's Sew Cute Tuesday?  Well, you should!!  It is a great place for inspiration and seeing what others are up to.

13 comments:

Carla said...

What a great looking crib! Love it. You cut out everything first? Wow. Sometimes I do, but mostly I cut and sew cut some more etc. enjoy

RobinSue said...

Vicki - you certainly get a lot done! I just took a good look through the last 5 or 6 posts - I'm exhausted with how much you finished! Love, love, love, everything!!!
Will you please write out the directions for the adorable tote you designed? It's fabulous.

Kim said...

What!! You've only cut out fabric for 6 quilts!! You are slipping Miss Vicki!! ;} Seriously...you are an amazing gal, always on a mission! Look forward to seeing what magic you whip up with these fabrics. Love the crib and bumper, it looks very fresh, just perfect for your 'little princess'!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

It's been lovely to see your 'Me' sewing. I hope you'll still manage to fit some in between your charity quilts :)

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Exciting projects to be done I see there! Hope you will have the best of time sEwing!

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Exciting projects to be done I see there! Hope you will have the best of time sEwing!

Deborah said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your "mission" quilts come to be. Save some "you" time in there, too!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Can't believe how much you get done in a week - on a par with Kelly from My Quilt Infatuation!!! Love the crib base - in fact love the crib! Have a great week :)

ChristaQuilts said...

Such yummy project starts!

Trepmom said...

OMGoodness, Vicky. You are on fire! Do the ladies in your guild keep up with you? Can't wait to see your lemonade. :)

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

You sew girl! Looking great. Love the bed skirt. I made some baby bedding once and it wasn't as easy as I thought, especially the bumper pad.

Lorna McMahon said...

Great job, Vicki! Sorry to see that your sewing summer is over.... But glad to see that your are back to making lemonade!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your cutting marathons totally impress me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...