Monday, September 30, 2013

First finish on my new sewing machine!!

 I got my Alaskan "I Spy - With a Twist" kit completed!!  I made this top up at our retreat, and am thrilled that it is done.


I found out that "machine quilting" thread is not to my new Elna's liking!  When I went back to the thinner Aurifil, she sewed like a dream.


This was a kit, purchased at the Rushin' Taylor in Skagway, Alaska.  It measures 39 x 39 completed and washed.  I meander quilted it, and machine stitched the binding down.


The back was sale fabric from Hancock.  I thought that with all of the moose and such....it went quite well!



I had to share this darling little quilt that hangs just outside the NICU where my grand daughter is staying.   Each bear is appliqued on.   His nose is also appliqued.   The eyes and mouth are embroidered.  Whom ever made this quilt, did a great job. It is pretty faded, but it hangs just inside a very large window with full afternoon sun.



For those of you who are praying for Charlotte...she is doing so well. She is now 2lb. 8 oz. Eating well and on room air! We all appreciate your continued support and love.



A sneak peak at the gift I received from my son and daughter-in-law! I am so excited. It is the 100% cotton number fabric from Ikea. I have been wanting this fabric forever.....8 1/2 yards of numbered goodness!!! Thank you my dear sweet children!

If you have a little girl...place her on your knee and read here the story "The Tale of the Dolly Peg"!!!  It is the absolutely most imaginative story ever!  Thanks for sharing this great adventure with us, Kim!!!



















7 comments:

Susan said...

How wonderful to see that Charlotte is thriving! And a finished quilt is a great thing!

christaquilts said...

Congrats on the new arrival - hope she is doing well. Your machine quilting is looking good - yay for Aurifil thread to save the day!

Kim said...

Me thinks that you and your new li'l Miss Elna are a perfect match Miss Vicki!! Another beauty finished by your clever stitching fingers!! 'Tis wonderful that Charlotte is thriving with each new day...so happy for you all!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

So glad to hear Charlottes doing well and you're enjoying your new machine :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Happy to hear that Charlotte is doing so well. Also, that I Spy quilt is really cute!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Trepmom said...

Such a sweet sweet tiny girl! Glad to hear she is doing well. Hope mom and dad are holding up well too... What a nice, generous gift - all that great fabric. Many lovely things to make with that! Love your Alaskan I spy. That one is a keeper!

Deborah said...

So happy that Charlotte is doing so well!! Fabulous Alaska quilt finish!! xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...