Saturday, September 14, 2013

Yes, I am a grandma!!

So much has happened since last we spoke!  Charlotte Marie was born (at 28 weeks), We got to go up to see her for 3 days, and my computer was down for 11 days!  I am going to take time today to introduce you to Charlotte.
She is teeny, tiny!  Born Sept. 4, 2lb 2oz., 15 in. long.  That is her daddy's hand!  She is doing well, but will be in the NICU until at least Nov. 25.
I thought that this sign was priceless!
Here is her proud mommy!
She finally opened her eyes!
Her bili numbers went up, so she had to be placed under 'bili' lights.  That facilitated the beautiful eye ware and hat!
That tiny little bottom is to small for this tiny little diaper!!  That is my husbands hand.
And this is her tiny little hat!  Yes, it fits her.  Now that is small.
 
Thank you to all who have been keep her (us) in your prayers!  Please, don't stop....she has a lot of growing to do.  Her mommy is doing pretty good, and her daddy is also recovering nicely from his back surgery.  There is so much more to this story, but suffice to say....all are on the way to full recovery.
 
It feels good to be back.  Have a terrific weekend!!
 
And this is her now!!
 
 
I made her this dress and dolly for her first birthday!  God has blessed us abundantly!  She is normal in very single way.
 
She ended up being in the NICU for a total of 94 days.  She has progressed and grown in every way.  Thank you to all who have lifted her up in your hearts and prayers!
 
Linking to:
Tuesday Archives! at Val's Quilting Studio.

14 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Thank you, Vicki, for sharing pics of your sweet little doll of a grand daughter! Yes, she is still in my prayers, as are you and all of your loved ones! Praise GOD!

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

What a sweet little girl! She is in my thoughts and prayers! That diaper is so small! Congrats on being a grandmother to Charlotte!

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Such a sweet little one... She will be on my prayers and thought. Great to hear that all are ok..

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Such a sweet little one... She will be on my prayers and thought. Great to hear that all are ok..

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Vicki, your pics bring back so many memories of our wild thing in the NICU. She is so precious. I will keep praying that she continues to grow and develop right on track.

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Susan said...

Oh, she is precious Vicki! You and all your family are in my prayers! May she continue to grow and flourish and be home soon....

Carla said...

Oh wow! Such a precious little life. Will remember little Charlotte in my prayers

Kim said...

Your teeny tiny Charlotte Marie is so precious!! How wonderful that she is getting stronger and growing every single day!! Wrapping you all in prayers and thoughts of love!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I've been behind on blog reading and missed your last post. Congrats to you all! She is adorable. Sending hugs and very best wishes that she continues to grow and do well, which I'm sure she will :)

Needled Mom said...

What a little miracle! My prayers go out to all of you.

crazyquilter said...

Oh what a precious child. Thank you so much for sharing. She is going to grow and one day people will find it hard to believe she had such tiny beginnings. Enjoy, Grandma, I know I do.

jan said...

Oh Vicki - she is so precious. Thank you for sharing her story and beautiful pictures with us. We are still keeping yall in our prayers.
have fun Grandmama!
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

Val's Quilting Studio said...

The difference a year makes! Such a blessing.....and look at that smile! I love that we became Grammy's around the same time (My daughter chose Grammy as my grandma name as well!!) I'm busy sewing tons of baby things this month...LOVE IT!

Jo said...

She is adorable. One to be treasured

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...