Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Here and then gone!

Here is a look at my first finishes of the year!  Our quilting season with the NFQuilters just started 2 weeks ago, and I have already hemmed 6 quilts and finished up one quilt top.  Nothing like hitting the ground rolling!  Here are two of the quilts that I hemmed.
This little gem is prairie stitched.  My wonderful friend Lori did this one over the summer.  You go girlfriend!
I just love this "Dick and Jane" fabric!  It brings back a lot of memories of learning to read.  Oh my, I think I just gave away my age.  I didn't want to take away from the text, so I used it whole cloth and off set it with 4 borders on two sides.  This quilt is tied.
Not sure why this picture turned out so blurry, sorry!
I started this top at the end of last quilting season. It is now completed.  The back has a strip of the car fabric to break up all of that red.  Great for a boy or a man with a passion for hot cars! I will turn it in next week, and it will wait its turn to be either prairie stitched or tied!
She's as snug as a bug in a rug.  Yes, my machine is in her trolley and waiting to be whisked away to retreat!  I leave tomorrow for a 5 day retreat high up in the Sierra Nevada's!!  What a great chance to get away with friends and get some serious sewing done.  Lots of surprises planned and don't forget the great food!  I'll takes plenty of pictures and let you know all about it when I get back!

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced hosted by the wonderful Lee!!  Make sure to click on over to see what the rest of our quilty friends are up to!

2 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Great way to start the year! I especially like the Dick and Jane one :)

Trepmom said...

Vicki, You never cease to amaze! Nice quilts. They will make for happy recipients! Have a grand time at retreat. Can't wait to see the photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...