Sunday, March 16, 2014

Charlotte's shower quilt...a little late!

 
You might recognize this as the first top I finished up at "Quilting in The Pines"!  I am now happy to report that it is completed!  Although, I did not finish in time for Charlotte's shower.
 
 


I wanted to keep the quilting simple.  This quilt is intended for picnics and "floor time fun".


I used Coats n Clark machine quilting thread in variegated pink.  I love the way it makes this quilt sparkle.






I named this quilt "Floortime Fun".  Before being washed it finished at 58 x 69 1/2.  After washing it measures 54 1/2 x 66 1/2.  It has such a great texture.

linking to Anything Goes Monday over at "Stitch by Stitch" with Marelize as our most gracious host!
Linking to Sew Fresh Quilts and Lorna's Let's BEE Social!  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Modern Quilts.  Tuesday Archives at Val's Quilting Studio!

20 comments:

Susan said...

What a pretty, pretty quilt Vicki! I am sure sweet Charlotte will treasure her picnic/floor quilt for a long, long time! LOVELY!

Hannele said...

What an adorable quilt! I love the colours you've chosen, and the quilting is perfect.

Lorna McMahon said...

So pretty! Love that straight line quilting and the pink thread just makes it pop! Congrats on such a gorgeous finish, Vicki!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love variegated thread too! I've never done straight line quilting yet...but I love yours so much...I'm encouraged to try it soon!!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

PS: I wanted to invite you and your readers personally, to stop by my Tuesday Archives linky tomorrow and link up any old post you have that are animal themed or award winners!!
myplvl.blogspot.com

Michele said...

It is really pretty. I love the colors. Nicely done.

Jackie said...

What lovely colors and pattern.

Vicki in MN said...

What a sweet little quilt!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

That looks great! The thread really is perfect. Good job Grammy:)

crazyquilter said...

Love it! The simplicity of the quilting is very effective. What a lovely cheery quilt, so suitable for a young one. I hope it will be much used.

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is beautiful! So great colours and lovely Fabrics! x Teje

Kim said...

Oooooh....this is soooo gorgeous, Miss Vicki!! I love this happy, cheery and colour-filled quilt!! The variegated pink thread quilting is perfect!!

Karin said...

Love the colours of this quilt...so bright and cheerful. Also noticed your pieced backing...really need to try this as well. great idea to have some strips running on the side.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

What a fun, lovely quilt for a little girl! She will have so much fun with tummy time on grammy's quilt! Oh....and all that green grass...sigh...someday....

Jacqui S. said...

A very lovely quilt, it's going to be fun for your little one.

Christina said...

This is bright and delightful! I do think the variegated thread sparkles, great bold choice!

Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting said...

Super cute! I love your fun, bright colors!

- Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting

Marly said...

Sweet quilt; I love the fabrics and it's a great design.

Jasmine said...

What a beautiful quilt. I have been thinking about making a similar one with some Christmas fabric.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love your quilting on this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...