Friday, March 28, 2014

NFQ's Wednesday fun!

Wednesday is one of my favorite days of the week!  I get to go to NFQ (North Fresno Quilters), and catch up with some of my favorite gals.  They are the helping hands that make my quilts come to life.
 

This little beauty was just put onto the frame this week.  It is marked for prairie stitching.  We all decided that the yellow would show up best.  Work has begun!


Auditioning thread for the roll of tying this quilt.  Actually the green won out!  You go girls.


This handsome quilt is being tied with navy/red ties!  Stack and wack fun.


This dreamy little quilt will be tied with this soft pink thread.  Some tween will fall in love with this simple lap quilt.


This great quilt came off the frame and home with me to bind.  It is prairie stitched and it is one of my favorites.


Everyone is busy.  Making thread decisions, pattern decisions, tying, stitching.


"Happy mail" to me!  Can't wait to figure out which pattern I will use for this bundle of total joy!

Linking to: Needle & Thread Thursday!  Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

15 comments:

September Violets said...

That looks like a whole lot of fun, and to spend the time with good friends is always nice. Wendy x

Kat Scribner said...

You've shared so many cheerful quilts. Very inspiring!

Lynn said...

They all look great and bright and cheerful - what satisfaction getting them completed.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh what a fun day!!! Glad you treated yourself to some Happy Mail!

Amy at love made my home said...

I really like the second one that you were auditioning thread colours for - although they are of course all pretty! xx

Deborah said...

Lovely review of what we do! Great photos!

Kim said...

What a great set up all you NFQ ladies have there. More lovely quilts....something for everyone!! Love your happy mail!!

Ruth said...

Great photos - looks likes tons of fun!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

so many beauties, but I really love the coin quilt with the flower appliques. super fun!

Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

So much going on, this is great! I really liked that coin quilt, too. What is Prairie Stitching?

Trepmom said...

Wow, Vicki! That is quite a collection of lovely quilts you have shown there. Something for everyone! Its awesome how you ladies take those unwanted scraps, match them up and make such useful beauty. Truly a wonderful variety of yummy lemonade. :) I love to get happy mail like that. It always puts a smile on my face!

Lorna McMahon said...

What a gorgeous quilt show! Each one so unique and beautiful in it's own way. Lots of decision making for you girls! Can't wait to see what you do with your happy mail!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Vicki. I came over from Sarah's Linky Party. You're showing some beautiful quilts here--lovely fabrics and colors. And how cool to have a group of friends like that!
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Vera said...

What a great place to go and be! Thanks for sharing.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

All the quilts look great. It must be fun working on them as a group :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...