Thursday, March 20, 2014

My fabric challenge project!

I'm sure that most of your remember my "Quilting in the Pines" retreat back in February.  If you don't remember, you can go back HERE to read all about it.  When we registered, we each got 1/2 yd of fabric for the challenge.  You could make a quilt or an "other" project.  I decided to go with the "other" category.


This photo shows all of the pouches (4 in all, one is not pictured) inside the tote.  I even made a phone pocket!


One can never have to many pouches.


Here is a family portrait! The orange print fabric was the challenge fabric.  There is a lot of fussy cutting here.  I quilted the tote around each motif, and each pouch is also quilted around the motif. The green flower print is quilted in FMQ flowers. 


Open wide!


It is amazing how the light changes the color of fabrics.  Those flowers are the same green ones shown above.

No, I didn't win...but got a $10 gift certificate to our LQS for entering!

Linking to TGIFF at Sew Fresh Quilts, and Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict!





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous finish! I love the tote and pouches! You did an amazing job with the fabric. Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Kim said...

Gorgeous totes from the "Queen of the Tote"!! I love the fabrics, Miss Vicki!!

Amy at love made my home said...

I think you did a great job! Goodness only knows what the winner made, because I would have selected you for sure! xx

Betty said...

They are beautiful. Can you tell me the name of the fabrics?

Lorna McMahon said...

Gorgeous fabrics! Looks like they were a pleasure to work with. Love the interiors, especially that phone pocket. You made some beautiful bags!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Those are beautiful! I love the fabrics! And you are absolutely right...there is no such thing as too many pouches!

Paula said...

Those are gorgeous!! I'm usually not an orange fan but I really like that fabric!

Anna said...

What a happy little family of bags and pouches! Love the fabrics :)

Rebecca said...

Love those, nice work!

Jessica said...

Great job on your bags!! I love the colors in the fabric and the way you put them all together in your bags is wonderful. Great work. :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That is a gorgeous collection! I love the colours and fussy cutting :)

Natasha said...

Oooooo these are amazing, makes me reflect on the disaster that is my purse, I feel inspired to make some to create order in the chaos of my bag.

Amy DeCesare said...

I have to agree that I would have definitely chosen you as the challenge winner! These are all so pretty, and make quite an impact all together. Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...