Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sewing when I'm not sewing!

Sewing doesn't always mean sitting in front of a sewing machine.  I sew a little each day, and something I am sitting with my feet up in my recliner! 

I have been elected to be the quilt hemmer in the NFQ.  That means that I bring home most of the quilts when they are ready for their binding.  Right now I have 8 quilts waiting in the wings.

I finished 2 yesterday and turned them in today.


 Both of these tops were tied, and are now hemmed.  This bottom one is a Wizard of OZ series, and I just love the colors.


These are the next quilts waiting to be bound.  Since this photo was taken, I have two more done and a third about 1/3 done.  I hope to have at least 2 more done to turn in this Wednesday!  Hand sewn binding is the way they like them for the Sale/Auction.

Linking to: Blossom Heart Quilts!, Let's Bee Social!, My Go Go Life!

13 comments:

Kim said...

Oh...how purty does that bundle of gorgeous quilts look sitting there in all their glory!! You are a treasure, Miss Vicki!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

That pile of completed quilts is the most rewarding feeling isn't it! Your work on these is truly a work of heart!

Lorna McMahon said...

I agree that a hand finished binding does look very nice. But what a load of work that is. And seeing the pile growing... I would be tempted to just start sewing them by machine and turning them in that way. You are a trooper, Vicki!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

You are amazing! I have to say I enjoy the process of hand sewing bindings but it is time consuming indeed. What a lovely pile of beautiful work!

Amy at love made my home said...

Lots to keep you busy there! xx

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

I love hand sewing binding - good luck to you with that pile but I know you're so fast you'll be through them in no time :D

Stephanie said...

Simply lovely! You certainly have lots to keep you busy :) Hugs and blessings!

Jacqui S. said...

Kind girl! taking that work on. Your fabric is lovely.

Lorette said...

great stack of work and beautiful quilts!

Lorna McMahon said...

I can't believe you finished hand sewing all those bindings already, Vicki! You are sew determined! And you work is a great benefit to your cause. Great job!

September Violets said...

There must be smoke coming off that little needle!! I enjoy hand sewing too, but I don't think I could finish the amount of work you do in the same time. The quilts do look cozy all folded up together :) Wendy x

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Lovely quilts! It is heart warming how each person contributes their strengths to the group to make people's lives a little cosier.

Dorian said...

Pretty quilts. I sure hope you enjoy the hand binding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...