Sunday, March 30, 2014

Four very special friends!


Back in February, I went to a very fun retreat (Quilting in the Pines - HERE) with 4 very special friends.  I wanted to make them each a token of my love, so I figured that sewing pouches were the thing to make.


I wanted them to be the same, only different!  So I used the same focus fabric on each, with 4 different accent fabrics.




I quilted each accent fabric differently.  The hearts are all quilted the same.


Here they all are, standing at attention.


Each one was lined with my signature lemon fabric.  I kept it simple....no inside pockets.


This is a glamor shot on the rocks!  Thank you Dotty, Jennifer, Deborah and Cindy!  I had a fantastic time.

Linking to: Anything Goes Monday!  Sew Cute Tuesday!

13 comments:

Susan said...

These are great pouches! Your friends would have been thrilled, I'm sure!

Hannele said...

Beautiful pouches - lucky friends!

Schulz Family said...

visiting from stitch by stitch. These are gorgeous

Amy at love made my home said...

What lovely presents for your friends! I really like the lemon print lining, it makes them very cheery and a nice surprise when you open them up! xx

Kim said...

Woo hoo.....what a glamour shot...love it!! Four very cute pouches, love the heart fabric, Miss Vicki!!

Betty said...

They are so pretty. I know they will be so happy getting them. There is nothing better than getting a gift that was handmade with love.

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

love how you've accent quilted those hearts :D

Jackie said...

Cute bags and great fabric for them.

Vicki in MN said...

Cute little bags-your buddies will cherish them :-)

Jayne said...

So cute and you are going to have some happy friends!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I love mine. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I am so sure that your friends will ADORE these pouches! They are so sweet!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

They are very beautiful. And it's a great idea to use the same pattern for the four pouches while personalizing each one of them. They are all equally beautiful but still different. I hope you also made one for yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...