Tuesday, April 1, 2014

7 quilts to quilt! Yikes!!!

Yes, I have a backlog of 7 quilts waiting to be quilted!  I finally got started on them last Thursday.


Yes, the sign is sideways, but this is the bin that has all my quilts waiting to be quilted in it.  I decided to just take from the top and work my way down.

 
I use the pins to baste.  I also use a Kwik Klip, which has saved my fingers and finger nails!  #1



It is so hard to decide what/how to quilt these guys.  I decided on a large FMQ.  I was so pleased with how fast it went and how nice it looks.  I used Aurifil #50 in off white.


This quilted ended up at 55x75.


Then I went back to the bin and took the next quilt. #2


Basting must always come first.  I baste my quilts on an elevated 24x48 table.  This small table is also my cutting table.


I decided to quilt this modern quilt with straight (kind of) lines.  I added in a 14in spiral and opposite direction straight lines in opposite corners.


I don't know of anyone who enjoys burying knots, but it must be done!



I really like the effect of the orange and white chevron binding.  This quilt is 68x81 after washing.  I want to thank Cindy, Live A Colorful Life for donating these UFOs.  Her fabrics are incredible and her piecing is too!


Here is a peek at #3!  The basting is now done, but I am deciding how to quilt it.  I just wonder about 4,5,6,7......stay tuned!!

Linking to: WIP Wednesday!

17 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

They are lovely, but I do really like number two!! Looking forward to seeing the others as and when! xx

Susan said...

Congratulations on two great finishes! I especially like the second one-the orange and white fabric is very striking! I agree, I hate burying threads too!

Rene Sharp said...

Wow, you are a busy lady. Lovely post! What is burying threads may I ask, I think I might have been missing something all these years!
renesharp@telkomsa.net

Lorna McMahon said...

Congrats on both those gorgeous finishes, Vicki! Yes, the FMQ is a might faster than the straight line quilting. But I love the close up shot of that second quilt. You did a spectacular job on each!

Marly said...

You've done beautiful quilting on these. Number 2 is a very striking quilt which I really like. I agree entirely burying the knots is tedious, and, I find, backbreaking.

Lorette said...

Fabulous quilts and great quilting!! You're working your way quite speedily down a fantastic pile! Great system for pin basting!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I agree...wonderful finishes! I went back twice to peek and couldn't pick a favorite! You sure are busy though....I hear your sewing machine humming!! LOL!

Ruth said...

Gosh you are quick! I have three to baste and normally do it on the floor with fingers - I have got to look at one of those tools for closing the safety pins! Lovely finishes !

Shauna said...

you go girl!!!! love them all, you are making great progress!!!

September Violets said...

The quilts are beautiful, and goodness you've worked through so much already! I'll have to check out that little tool you've mentioned. Wendy x

Betty said...

The first one looks beautiful and I love the fabrics for the second one and can't wait to see it done.

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

What beautiful colors you have going on in your sewing room!

Kim said...

Eeeks!! What a quilt filled bin you have there, Miss Vicki!! Though, I must say that it is a bin filled with quilty lusciousness!!

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

I'm loving the first & third ones! I think it's because they look so orderly. :-) Great job on getting them quilted so fast. Well done!

http://www.busyneedle.ch

Rachel said...

Wow! Way to go! I've still got 7 waiting to be quilted. I'm really hoping to baste tonight!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I don't know how you anage to get so much done! You're an inspiration :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

It will be really fun to see what happens to the top two quilts next year. The first was a mystery I made at Bass Lake, and the orange/limey blocks were part of two flickr groups and I just could never figure out what to do with them--you did a beautiful job, as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...