Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Numbers 3,4 & 5 out of 7!

If you remember, a while back I posted about 7 quilts that I had waiting to be quilted HERE!  I showed you the 2 quilts that I had finished quilting and the 3rd one that I had started basting.  Welll.....

#3

Here I am FMQ a loop-t-loop pattern.  I used off white Aurifil 50 wt.



This is quilt #4.




Then I got distracted.  My order from www.inspiredled.com came in the mail!  This is my new sewing machine lighting kit!  Super duper easy installment, an look at all the light it offers.  Please, go by and check it out!


I quilted this one 1/4" on either side of the seam lines.  I used lemon yellow Superior thread on the front and Aurifil white on the back.  I love the effect, but burying all those thread was a real nightmare.


This is quilt #5.



I did a simple FMQ meander on this quilt also.  I used Aurifil off white 50wt.



I sewed all of the bindings on by machine.  My most favorite way to attach bindings!  I just love the clean look.


All three of these quilt tops were generously donated by Deborah at Simply Miss Luella!  Her generosity is greatly appreciated, and the fact that she would trust me with her precious tops is amazing.  Thank you Deborah!

The two tops mentioned in my post HERE, were donated by Cindy at Live A Colorful Life!  I tell you what, I don't know how I could do it without generous donors.  Thanks Cindy!

Two more quilts to go, and I'm hoping to have then done by Friday.

If you have questions as to how you could donate to such a worthy cause (MCC/MDS), leave a comment or email me!

linking to:WIP Wednesday! at Freshly Pieced.

9 comments:

Paula said...

All are beautiful !!

Amy at love made my home said...

I think that of this batch #4 is my favourite! I just like the colours. You are doing amazingly well with all of these! xx

Kim said...

Pretty impressive quilts there, Miss Vicki!! Love, love, love No. 5!! How cool is that lighting on your sewing machine; you are all aglow now!!

Lorna McMahon said...

Those are all gorgeous quilts, Vicki. You always know just what the quilting needs are to compliment each one. And your binding is perfect! Love that! Inviting you to come on over and join the Let's Bee Social Party, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! The lights! Thank you for that--I will be ordering one for myself very soon!

PugMom said...

As always, your charity quilts are stunning. I will need to purchase some of those sewing machine lights to enhance my vision.

Trepmom said...

Nice quilts, Vicki. You did a great job. That miss Luella sure knows how to piece too! :) Isn't the practice so fun? I will have to check into those lights. Does your bunched/rolled up quilt move or knock them loose when you are quilting?

Jan Briggs said...

I really enjoyed reading your story and about the work that you do which is so much more than quilting and piecing. As I've been reading quilt blogs I have read about many aspects of quilt making, but none have touched upon the beauty of a generous spirit quite like yours. Thank you. :) Jan-Michael

Swedish Scrapper said...

These are coming along very nicely. What an inspiring pile you have there! Thanks for sharing the particulars of the way you quilted each one. It is invaluable! Thanks for the lights link too-- I'm in Sweden but maybe I can find something similar here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...