Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Love this little beauty!!

I have been working on a first!  Yes, my first commission quilt....ever!  It has been so much fun.  Sewing a quilt, and knowing who will be using it on the other end. 


This was a kit she had purchased several years ago, and realized that it was a bit over her head.  I had it all cut out in no time.


I got right to piecing it. 


This is such a cool border.  I will probably use it again!


I pin the intersections to make sure that they match up, and stay matched!


Love my 'Kwik Klip'.  Did you know that they are made right here in California?  If you don't have one, go out and get one today!


Here she is....laying across my new couch!  She is the first one to sit on it.


Measurements after washing are 53 x 65.


I used a simple FMQ meander.  Aurifil #50 off white.


I machine bound this one.  I am really loving machine binding!

 

 I decided to make a pillow cover with the leftovers!  It has a hidden zipper and will fit a pillow form 12x15.


I sure hope that Jane likes my little surprise!

Linking to: Let's Bee Social! over at Sew Fresh Quilts! WIP - Work In Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

16 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

Congratulations on ypur finish! How wonderful to be able to create a quilt as a commission. Doing what you love as a "job" is always fabulous!!!
Esther

Catherine said...

I'd be so pleased if I had commissioned that quilt. Looks fab!

Catherine said...

I'd be so pleased if I had commissioned that quilt. Looks fab!

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

Such a lovely touch to make a pillow with the leftover fabric - I'm sure she'll love it :0)

Kim said...

'Tis gorgeous Vicki!! The border is indeed very cool. Love the fabrics!! The lady chose the right person to whip up her lovely kit!!

Susan said...

What a pretty quilt, Vicki! It looks right home on the couch. And I don't have a Kwik Klip. I must do some research to see where I might buy one!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Beautiful and I agree, that border is definitely one to put on the do again list! I have a Kwik Klip....have never taken it out of the package! Might have to dust that off :)

Lorna McMahon said...

I am sure that Jane would be pleased! You did an amazing job of that commission quilt. And a bonus pillow, too?!!! Beautiful as always! Well done, Vicki!

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

That was sew sweet to make a bonus pillow cover! Your tag is adorable. I can't seem to master writing on fabric neatly.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm sure Jane will love it!

Ruth said...

Very nice, the fabric in that kit is really lovely. She'll be delighted with the finished item. must go buy a kwik clip...

CitricSugar said...

Commissioned? Now, you can yourself a "professional" quilter. :-)

Beautiful job.

Jereena said...

Beautiful pattern and fabrics. I always thought that when you buy a kit the fabrics all cut and ready to sew. You did a great job on this quilt. Thank you for sharing.

RobinSue said...

This turned out great! Congrats on getting commissioned. Your work is always so lovely.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

this one's a beauty, Vicki! I'm sure she'll love it!

Thank you so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Amy at love made my home said...

It is beautiful and so is the additional cushion! I hope that your commissioner loves it! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...