Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A tiny little UFO!

I received 2 donated tiny UFOs this week. 


 

 
The instructions were poor at best, and this picture is small.  After a lot of sewing and unsewing, I finally got it all figured out.  The center squares are a pre-printed 2 1/2 x 2 1/2in. square.
 


I had a fun sewing day with my daughter!  It is so much fun to watch her sewing progress.  She's a natural born sewer!  Thanks for the great day little girl!


It didn't lay very flat, so I decided that I needed to do an all over loose meander in hopes that it would cooperate..


I used Auriful #50.  I had 3 little sunbonnet Sue squares left, so I pieced them into the back.  I used a 2 in. binding instead of the usual 2 1/4in.  That outside border is only 1 1/2in wide and I didn't want the binding to overwhelm the quilt.  I sewed the binding down by machine.
 


This quilt ended up at 26 x 26.  It will make a great wall hanging or a doll blanket!

The winner of my giveaway is Kelli from "Seriously..I Think It Needs Stitches"! Congratulations Kelli!!

Let's Bee Social! Is where I'm linking this little post! Linking to TGIFF at Blossom Hear Quilts!



12 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a sweet little project! And how fun to sew with your daughter.

ipatchandquilt said...

Indeed a super sweet quilt!
Great job!!!
Esther

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Can never go wrong with a rainbow!

Susan said...

I agree with the other commenters- it is a sweet quilt! Someone will love and cherish this!

Lorna McMahon said...

I can't believe how small this quilt is! Sew cute! How nice to have a sewing day with your daughter, too. Thanks for sharing pictures of the progress and the finished size of the quilt. Amazing!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Adorable little quilt! Really like the backing, adding the Sun Bonnet Sue was a brilliant choice!! :)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

So much work deciphering this quilt but a very cute finish :D

Kim said...

I love Sunbonnet Sue quilts!! This one is darling. How lovely that you got to hang out with your daughter, stitching together!!

Wendy said...

that is really cute! At first I thought the picture you were copying was the quilt!! I thought you were crazy...

Amy at love made my home said...

What a lovely no longer UFO! Very pretty. xx

Deborah said...

Very cute, you did a fabulous job with this!

Izzy said...

Very cute little finish! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...