Sunday, April 6, 2014

West Coast MCC Sale and Auction....SUCCESS!!!

This weekend was the annual West Coast Mennonite Sale and Auction for World Relief!  I know, that is a long title, and that's why we call it the MCC Sale!

What a fabulous weekend it was.  There were food booths of all kinds, antiques, silent auctions, live auctions and friends galore!  I have told you a little about this charity in my pages above, but to live it is such an exciting feeling.

The sale is held at Fresno Pacific University the first full weekend each April.  Great facilities for such a big event.


This is the platform that the auctioneer, the ticket taker and the announcer sit.  I announced quilts for the first hour on Saturday morning!

 
You can see the green where all the food booths are.  A great place to catch up with old friends.

 
One of my favorite treats are Raisin Fritters (New Years Cookies).  Once they are fried, they are rolled in cinnamon and sugar.  They are served warm and so tasty.  They are an old German tradition in my family, and we don't even have to mess up the kitchen to get them
 .
 
These rugs are soooo popular! 
 
 
The quilts are all numbered and displayed.  You can get a printed program booklet and mark the quilt you want to bid on and follow along as they are auctioned.  In this picture there are 6 of my quilts displayed!
 
 
Each year there are 6 "featured" quilts.  I have always dreamed of having a featured quilt...and this year my dream came true!  What an honor!!
 
 
This is how the quilts are displayed for auction.  This is a round platform with a bed on each side.  The quilts are stacked numerically (about 9 to a bed), and they are held up one at a time.



The gals show the quilts front and back and then let the auctioneer do his thing.  This quilt is one of mine, "Safe Haven" by Thimbleberry....and it sold for $1,000!!!  That was a thrill.

 
This is another one of mine that sold for $500!


Yes, this is mine and sold for $700!


And, finally my featured quilt.  I am happy to say that this one sold for $2,000!  I feel blessed beyond words to be a part of such a great cause.  Remember, I use donated fabrics and want to thank everyone who has been generous enough to donate fabric and other items.  Some pretty good lemonade if I do say so myself!

There were over 250 quilts auctioned this year.  The proceeds from quilts only was $76,015.00!  I personally had 40 quilts in the sale, and the proceeds from my quilts was $10,565.00!  There will be great and mighty things done with this money.  Many families and lives around the world will be touched.

Proceeds for the entire sale and auction was a little over $200,000!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!

linking to: Anything Goes Monday!

11 comments:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Congratulations Vicki! That is just amazing!! Your featured quilt is gorgeous! All the work clearly paid off!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Congratulations Vicki! That is just amazing!! Your featured quilt is gorgeous! All the work clearly paid off!

Kim said...

Wow oh wow Miss Vicki,you li'l revenue raiser, you!! 'Tis a blessing you are, stitching all those quilts to brighten the lives of those who are in need of a li'l cheering up!! These things are eternal, my friend!! Well done!! I must say I like the look of those Zwiebacks, they look rather delish....what a curious name.

Lorna McMahon said...

Wish I could have been there with you, Vicki. Your hard work has paid off. Your lemonade is de-lish! Sew wonderful to see how your talents are being used to bless the lives of others. Praise the Lord, indeed!

ipatchandquilt said...

Unbelievable! :-) I am so proud of you and the other quilters, your work is amazing!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Susan said...

Wow! What an event to be a part of! Congratulations and well done! You have much to proud of!

Deborah said...

Fabulous!! What a blessing you are to MCC!

Sew With Kelly said...

Huge congratulations! Those are some stunning quilts and the winners of the bids are lucky people! Great, great job!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your quilt with the amazing amount of pieces definitely deserved to be featured--it was beautiful!! Great total thanks to all your hard work. It was really fun to see some of the quilt top/fabrics/kits I have donated to finally be completed. Piece of trivia: I purchased the Safe Haven block of the month intending to make the quilt for my father, who was making wooden birdhouses at the time. I should have bid on it Saturday!!

Sue Daurio said...

Wow! Congrats on such a successful fund raiser. I LOVE your featured quit, that was amazing. Easy to understand why it was features.

Trepmom said...

Vicki, you are a great little soldier in the Lord's army! May God bless you and each person who participated in the process - from the donator of the fabric all the way to the purchaser. Great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...