Friday, October 4, 2013

A Friday flimsy finish!




I finally finished this flimsy.  That is a new term that I picked up from Lorna at So Fresh Quilts!  A great word to describe an unfinished quilt top.  Thanks Lorna!


This was a UFO, donated by my friend Chris S.  These are the squares that she had already sewn together. 


I put them together in rows of  9 across and 10 down.



I added a couple of borders....and there you have it!  It finished at 54x59.
 


A flimsy!

 

Do you see that great walking foot that my new machine came with!  Love it!!!



Now I have prepped the four quilts that I brought home with me on Wednesday and they are ready to be hemmed.....by hand! I guess we know what I'll be doing for the next couple of days.

Linking over to Whoop! Whoop! over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict (thanks Sarah!), and Finish It Up-Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts (thanks Amandajean!).  Great spots to check out what is happening out in blogland.

12 comments:

Deborah said...

I really like this quilt! But then I LOVE green!

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

Vicki, I love the green Quilt! And is that your garden where the photo was taken from? I love those small orange flower in the background! It enhances the whole photo of the quilt

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I LOVE this green quilt. You know how I feel about green fabrics! It's just awesome!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Live a Colorful Life said...

You make the most amazing quilts. Lovely photo too.

jan said...

Love it Vicki! And I love the photo shoot!
xo jan

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love how you've arranged those squares into chevrons. This is a fab quilt :)

Sarah Craig said...

That is a beautiful flimsy, Vicki! I just love all those vivid greens! Whoop whoop!!

Sarah Craig said...

That is a beautiful flimsy, Vicki! I just love all those vivid greens! Whoop whoop!!

crazyquilter said...

I am very fond of chevron quilts and love your choice of colours for this one - well done on getting it all done in such good time.

I had to buy a walking foot for my Janome and I would not be without it now. The only time I ever take it off is when I do free motion quilting and that is not very often at all.

I have been remiss in not congratulating you on the purchase of your new machine. I hope it gives you many happy hours of stitching.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Pleased to see that you have your Elna 'walking' in top gear, Miss Vicki!! I love the green quilt, 'tis a beauty!!

Trepmom said...

Hi Vicky, love that green quilt. Another lemonaide (though when you start with such lovely fabrics -all greens :) - it makes it easier to mix). I love my walking foot too! It makes the job so much easier. When you sew your binding on the back, do you use 1/4 inch? It looks like maybe it's a scant. Eight days and counting until my deadline is here and work slows down. Can't wait to get sewing again. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...