Friday, October 25, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival time!

I have never entered one of my quilts into a show, but there is always a first time....right! 


Deciding which category to enter this beauty in was not easy.  I have had so much fun learning to machine quilt over the summer, that I thought I'd give her a spin in the 'home machine quilted' category.


Prepping is not my favorite chore, but it is a LOT easier since I found my Kwik Klip!!



Practicing on a full sized quilt is wonderful!





These photos were taken at a local nursery, H&E Nursery.

I hope that you enjoyed my photos as much as I did taking them!  I'm still working on learning more and more.  I use a standard Canon Power Shot A1400.

I am linking to The Blogger's Quilt Festival!!!
AmysCreativeSide

14 comments:

Susan said...

Love the shots with the pumpkins! And it's a great quilt Vicki.

Lorna McMahon said...

Your circle quilting is great, Vicki! I admire how you have taken to FMQ like a duck to water. Beautiful pictures!

CitricSugar said...

Lovely job! I struggle with quilt photos... I used to use a digital camera but then I got a phone with a better camera but still no substitute for an actual decent camera... But then lighting around here is incredibly tricky no matter what you do! :-)

Katy Cameron said...

Well practised :o) I had to resort to a local carpark for my shots, not quite as homely a background, but alas, you have to work with what's available!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Sweet quilt with some awesome quilting! Great background in your images. It's my first too to enter in a contest!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

SO glad to meet a new blogging friend thru the festival. I love the quilting on this one and am a new follower...with smiles!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Such a great quilt. And I'm impressed with your quilting skills!

Rene' said...

Your quilt is lovely!! I love the print fabric - especially those deer/elk ;-)

Rene' said...

Your quilt is lovely!! I love the print fabric - especially those deer/elk ;-)

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Very pretty....

Carla said...

Congrats on entering the festival....I still need to do that this week. I have never tried that tricky looking circle quilting.... yours looks wonderful, as does your photography!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a lovely quilt! I'm glad you've entered it in the festival :)

Vicki said...

check on no-reply

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Congratulations!!! Your quilt is lovely! Super job on the quilting...particularly all those circles! Great pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...