Friday, May 24, 2013

Here are my FINISHES!!!

Here are the three quilts that I finished up!!  I am so excited about the first two.......

 
The quilting on this quilt is totally OUTSTANDING!!  It was machine quilted by Belinda.  I hope that you can see the details with this close-up!
 
 
I guess you can see it!!  I am so glad.  She really went all out on this one.  Thank you Belinda!!!
 
 
Belinda also machine quilted this one. It is hard to tell, but these are all oriental prints with gold on most of the fabrics.  The large panel is black and orange koi fish, the rest are all floral.  I have a close up, but there are so many different patterns in this one, I can't show them all to you.
 
 
I am so sorry that I couldn't get better contrast.  There are flowers in the center of each small flowered square.  In the large fish panel, she followed the ripples in the water.  In the small green border there is a vine and leaf, in the black borders it is meandering and in the outer border it is also meandering.  She just went above and beyond...thanks, Belinda!!!
 

This is a simple flannel baby comforter!  It is tied, so it is soooooo soft and fluffy.  It is Snoopy and friends.

I have had a great week, considering I am still not back to 'normal' after our great week away!  I have some fun new things planned for this next week. 

I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of the service men and women who have done so much for our country, to give us our freedom!  I so appreciate all that you do and have done for my family and I.  Salute to you!!!!!!


 
linking to: Sarah Lizzie  
 
 

14 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

What beautiful quilts. Glad you had a great week.

Kim said...

Oh my.......the first two quilts are breathtakingly beautiful Vicki!! Being a gal who loves the hue blue, the first would be welcome in my li'l olde abode anyday!! Oh...so you say that you are not back to normal mode of churning out quilts....ummmmm....all I can say is that you have magic fingers!!

Carla said...

Hi Vicki. That first quilt is really stunning! Lovely job on the piecing too

ipatchandquilt said...

Congratulations on your finishes!

Esther
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

OPQuilt said...

Wowsers! That first quilt is simply stunning, Vickie and you did a fabulous job on the design. The quilting really enhances what you've done. Way to go. And bravo to you for finishing the others as well. They are all beautiful, but that first one is really amazing (I'm a sucker for blues and for high contrast quilts). Excellent!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

Nancy in NV-wheres the dude at blogspot said...

Wow! Way to go! I love the colors and optical illusion of the first quilt. The other 2 are pretty as well. Keep up the mission. lol

hetty said...

Congrats on so many finishes. They are all beautiful, but I really love the one with the oriental fabrics. I have been collecting fabrics with koi on them.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are all beautiful! The top one is my favourite. The piecing and quilting are amazing. You've got masses done :)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Dropped by from P&J LGA - your quilts are beautiful and what fabulous quilting too. My favourite is the first quilt - I love the 3 dimensional aspect of it :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Wow! Beautiful quilts! Lots of great accomplishments for you!

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Happy Turtle said...

I LOVE the first quilt! It's stunning!
Carol

Cloud CouCou said...

Thanks very much for stopping by my blog. Love your quilts especially the top one, it's really striking.

Karen said...

Congratulations on all your finishes! If only my finishes tally was as big! :-)

Trepmom said...

These are beautiful! It must be very rewarding to get so much done - especially when they are as gorgeous as these. The optical illusion quilt is out of this world! You ladies have done good :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...