Wednesday, May 22, 2013

VICTORY.....

I finished and turned in Miss Strawberry!!  Yes, she is happily adorned with her new batting, back and binding. 




 
 
I figure that she will make a great table topper or a picnic quilt! (69x72)  When I turned her in, everyone seemed to like her.  I'm so glad that I'm finished with her.  Guess what???  I was given a new challenge today,  Miss Strawberry's older sister!

 
 Yes, I was asked to machine quilt her also.  Do you see any resemblance?  The ladies at NFQ Quilters decided that she would make a great table topper, and that she needed to be machine quilted.  The saving grace is, she is about 22 in. smaller in both directions.  That should make it a much simpler task.  Remember, I use all donated fabric, so I try to use all of the scraps!

I was also given 4 quilts to hem!  They are all quilted and ready for completion.  I can't wait to show all of you the finished product.  Give me a couple of days, and I will share.

I forgot to show you the Alaskan wall hanging that I have completed.  No, I did not sew it within the last 4 days...I pre-ordered this panel at Christmas time.  I knew I loved it, and didn't want to chance not being able to find it while we were visiting.


The artist is Barbara Lavalle, and the title of this original work of are is "Kuspuks by the Yard".  This wall hanging (24x30) was lovingly prairie stitched by my wonderful and talented friend, Lori.  Thank you Lori!!








7 comments:

Deborah said...

Your strawberry quilt is beautiful! I love how you used it as a table topper!

Trepmom said...

Miss strawberry turned out beautifully! Good work, Vicki! I know her sister will turn out nice too. I wish I was close to you, I would help you with your quilting. That's my favorite part. I just love how the quilt feels and how it changes as the quilting is being sewn. Only straight lines for me so far though. I want to practice my free motion quilting but am afraid to "ruin" my tops. Thanks for your email. I will figure out how to put post photos and will show you my pretties too :). Do you have a walking foot for your machine? It makes the quilting soooo much easier. Your "Kuspuks by the yard" is lovely. I'm sure it brightens whatever room you hang it in - especially the sewing room. It seems like a nice place to rest your eyes. Happy sewing :) Ronda

CitricSugar said...

MIss Strawberry turned out great!

Carla said...

Lovely work again. The shops in Alaska look great!

Acorn to Oak said...

Miss Strawberry is lovely!

Allanah said...

Hi there

Kim asked me to take a look at your blog as she was trying to leave a comment but it didn't seem to stick.

This is a test comment.

Cheers

Allanah

Richard Healey said...

What a wonderful quilt/table topper. I am so in the mood for strawberries. I keep planting them at my house but they don't seem to grow well. We have some plants that keep killing them off. Maybe will just have to eat your quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...