Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I DID IT...

I found a new backing for the strawberry quilt!  I did notice a flaw when I got home, but I can work around it...


I think she (Miss Strawberry) will appreciate being taken from the closet and completed!  That will have to wait.  GOAL: to have her completed by the 29th.  We shall see.


Working to square up this beautiful small stitched quilt.  A UFO that I pieced together.


This is Nancy, she is the worlds best quilt framer!!  She works non-stop getting our quilts ready for quilting.  Thank you Nancy, for all of your hard work!  This quilt will be tied with yellow pearl cotton.

                        R E M I N D E R ! ! !


Mother's Day is this Sunday!  If you are lucky enough to still have your mother, or a mother figure...remember her with a beautiful card!!

I had a great day!  I brought home 2 more projects to work on.  I love what I do!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

'Many hands make light work".......your little team of stitchers, quilters, put-it-togetherers and whomever else contributes, are truly inspirational Vicki!! 'Tis people such as you that make the world a bright and happy place!! AND......I love the green polka dot for Miss Strawberry.......it will be the making of her....you'll see.....I can't wait to see her resplendent in all her glory......don't keep her in the 'naughty' cupboard too long!! ;)

Richard Healey said...

Oh that quilt looks nice. I use to love watching my mom when a kid hand quilt something. As a kid (while at heart im 44) I dont slow down enough yet to hand quilt but I keep busy with my machine quilting.

Lorna McMahon said...

Vicki.... You are such a pleasure to 'know'. Thank you for sharing your love of quilting!

Trepmom said...

I love the green polka dot backing. It will look fantastic on your quilt. Hopefully it makes the quilting easier since it cuts down on your seams. I admire your talent and energy. I wish I could complete so many so fast. Tonight I will make amandajean's storage cube boxes for teachers appreciation day tomorrow. I've not decided if I will bind them or not. I could use the practice :) but I've backed myself into a corner with the deadline. Wish me luck! I can't wait to see miss strawberry in all her glory. Thanks, Vicki, it's people like you who make this world a better place. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...