Friday, May 31, 2013

BINDING

I love binding quilts.  My quilting group, doesn't!!!  Most all of the quilts come home with me for hemming.  I did NOT make this quilt, but I did FINISH it up!

 
This was made by my friend Phyllis.  It measures 98x110.  As you can see, it is a BIG one!  Unfortunately, it took the majority of the day......so I didn't get to finish anything else.
 
 
A sure sign that summer is here!!  The view from my sewing room window has improved.  This is just the beginning!!!  They come in the red, yellow and peach.  Can't wait for the cacophony of colors!
 
Tomorrow starts the "NEW BLOGGERS BLOG HOP" over at Plum and June's!!  It will be so much fun meeting all the other 'new' bloggers out there.  Make sure to check it out.  It will be through both June and July.
 

7 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

It must be lovely to have a group so you can help each other out. You must be in high demand for binding :)

Acorn to Oak said...

I enjoy sewing the binding on too. It's relaxing and rewarding. :-)

Kim said...

Alas.......I'm not a fan of sewing binding on quilts......that's why there are treasures on this earth like you Miss Vicki!! =)

Needled Mom said...

I love the binding part too. The canna must make a beautiful sight from your sewing room.

Anonymous said...

And we thank you for this, Miss Vicki! from one of those notorious ladies in that quilting group she keeps mentioning. And may I add that we love her, too!

Vicki said...

This group of women are top notch! Such willing hearts....WE love what we do!!

Jeanne said...

I love doing the binding, too. It's a great last step, a wonderful way to close out a project with some undemanding hand-stitching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...