Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A bag for the delivery!

I have been working on such a fun project!  My daughter-in-law has requested a new tote to take to the hospital when she goes in to deliver my new grand-daughter!  I was more then happy to help her out.  Only one problem.....I had no patterns to follow!  So.....
I set out to design one for her!  We first went to Ikea for the deco weight outer shell fabric, and then to JoAnn's for the inner fabrics and heavy duty zip. 
There were a lot of pieces, but it all came together rather quickly!

It has rounded corners with a nice heavy duty zipper.
Two zipper pockets and one open pocket on the inside. 
Taa-daa!!!  Here it is!
As you can see, it is very roomy! 17.5" wide, 15" high and 7.5" deep.
I then went on to the fussy cut pouches.....5 of them!  Each pouch is quilted differently.
And there are 5 different sizes!  11x9, 9x5, 12x8, 11x7 and 9x5.  Each has a different lining also, as indicated by the zipper pulls.
Here is the entire ensemble! I hope you enjoy it baby girl....I loved making these for you!!!

I am linking over to Needle and Thread Thursday with Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation!!  She always has such great ideas and finishes are her site.  Thanks Kelly!!

17 comments:

Kim said...

Your baby girl is going to love these Vicki....they are all simply gorgeous!! Love, love, love the fabrics!!

Anonymous said...

Vicki you are the sweetest .....I have no doubt she will enjoy the bags. They are SO GORGEOUS. Thank for sharing. Marie

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Vicki! I am so impressed that you designed that gorgeous bag- not that I thought you couldn't. I just know I never could! It's fabulous!!

You are so generous to make this for her. How could she not love it!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Deborah said...

These are fabulous! And without a pattern!! Amazing.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

and of course-thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

So nice! I love the whole set.

Carla said...

Oh, my! These are simply fantastic. I am sooo impressed with your ability to design these...especially that big diaper bag. You should package this up and sell the pattern!!

Trepmom said...

That's a nice collection of bags there, Vicki. I like the different quilting on each one. Your DIL will be the envy of all the other moms. :) They are very lucky to have you to sew all this stuff for them!

RobinSue said...

That's a great collection of bags. I especially love the tote - a perfect size for everyday needs.

Ali said...

Hi Vicki, I am visiting from the blog hop - but am a week late, sorry! Really lovely to see more of your work - that bag is gorgeous and so are the baby blankets.

Elise Lea said...

Such a beautiful bag! Love the colors you guys picked out (especially for the outside). You are very talented to be able to design totes and bags yourself!

Blue Moth said...

Amazing pattern!

Lorna McMahon said...

You are blowing my mind, Vicki! You just dreamed up a pattern and Voila! Those bags are beautiful and the fabric choices are incredible. What other hidden talents have you got up your sleeve, Gramma-to-be?

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Wow! This is a fantastic collection! Your daughter in law is so lucky to have you :)

OPQuilt said...

You are pretty amazing! No pattern, yet you just go to it (I used to do that, but have let it slide--you inspire me to do it again!).

Love how the tote turned out, and hope that the delivery will go just as smoothly.

:) Elizabeth

CitricSugar said...

Great design work!! The ensemble looks fab. :-)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Your bag is amazing - you need to write that pattern up and sell it! and all those fab pouches too, I love that you quilted each differently and the coloured tabs to match the linings is such a great finishing touch. What fun to have a grand-daughter on the way and what a way to welcome her :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...