Monday, July 15, 2013

My top is down.....

No, not that top!!!  My swoon top is DONE!!  Here is a look at the last three blocks that I needed to complete.

One....
Two....
Three....all 9 are completed!!  and.....teedah....

Here she is, all put together!  I am pretty pleased with the way she turned out.  Now, to baste this beast!  The table I use is only 24x48 inches, so you can see where the problem is.  I can't get on the floor to baste, so I am left with only this choice.  Wish me luck in getting the backing, batting and top all centered and basted!

I really appreciate all the help with how I should quilt her.  I think I will be going with loop-t-loops.  I have never quilted such a large piece, so it will be a challenge  adventure!  Fortunately, this quilt will be mine, so, there isn't near as much pressure.....or is there?  I am really persnickety, and will see all of her flaws.  YIKES!!


Two more receiving blankets for your new Princess!!

I am linking on over to Sew Cute Tuesday with Kelly at Better Off Thread!  It is so much fun to be part of such a great group of quilty friends.  Kelly's work is outstanding, and she donates most of what she makes!  Thank you Kelly, for all of your faithfulness and be blessed always.

Also, remember to check out the Let's Get Acquainted - New Bloggers Blog Hop!!!  Beth has done all of us new bloggers such a service by offering this forum to introductions.  I have learned so much and made such wonderful new friends.  Check out all of the new and old contributors at the blogs listed below!!!  Even if you have been keeping up and visiting each week, go back to the beginning and start over.  The information is mind blowing....so extremely inspiring!

New Blogger Blog Hop Participant Schedule



Friday, June 7th
Nancy @ Owen's Olivia
Amy @ 13 Spools
Casey @ The Studiolo 
Nanette @ Yeah, I Made That

June 14

Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Melissa @ Melia Mae Quilting
Adrianne @ On The Windy Side
Molli @ Molli Sparkles
Laura @ Little And Lots
Valerie @ Between Quilts

Friday, June 21
Leigh Anne @ Ella's Cottage
Stacey @ The Tilted Quilt
Sarah @ Quilt Candy
Jackie @ NW Patchwork
Erica @ Happy Fabric
Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity
Lauren @ Seraphym

Friday, June 28
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling

Friday, July 5
Christa @ Christa Quilts!
Stephanie @ Quarter Incher

 July 12
Anne @ PlayCrafts
Cath @ Wombat Quilts
Sarah @ {no} hats in the house
Christen @ Love by Hand
Julie @ 627handworks

July 19
Alison @ Making Happyness
Ella and Nesta @ Ella & Nesta's Little Room
Nicole @ Modern Handcraft
Aylin @ AyliN-Nilya
Kelsey and Amanda @ Everyday Fray

July 26
RobinSue @ RobinSue Quilts
Elisa Lea @ Lovelea Designs
Elizabeth @ In The Boon Docks
Emily @ Sew E.T.
Em @ Sewing by Moonlight

6 comments:

Karen M said...

I'm stopping by from Anything Goes. I love the fabrics you used in your Swoon quilt. I just love that pattern.

Kim said...

You and those magic fingers of yours.......'tis beautiful!!

jan said...

OMGoodness Vicki - it looks terrific. I want to get caught up so i can Swoon with everyone. Yours is terrific. And I know what you mean about not having room to baste. I've either been QAYG or I lay it on the floor,Peel back half
spray baste, then peel back the other hald and spray baste that, then start pinning. I usually can't stand up straight by the time I finish! lol Can't wait to see the finish!

Trepmom said...

Wow, Vicki, you really get r done! I see why they call that the swoon block. It's so gorgeous it really will make you swoon. I love your colors. And you just amaze me at how quickly you work. Loop de loops will look wonderful on it. I use plastic clamps that I bought in the automotive section at Walmart to clamp my backing down on my dining room table when I baste. If I'm careful it works well. You will figure it out. Have fun! :)

Carla said...

There's no stopping you now! Your Swoon looks fabulous

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

what a gorgeous swoon, Vicki! I love your colors! Good luck with the basting. Basting is the devil!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...