Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hi, my name is Vicki...and I am a quilter!

I am linking to Let's Get Acquainted over at Plum and June!!  Thank you Beth, for hosting this fun linky party!  Beth is also hosting the Let's Get Acquainted - New Bloggers Blog Hop!  You can click on the button to the right to check out the schedule and all the new blogs out there....it is very exciting!

Had a busy weekend.  I have been working on more 'Swoon' blocks!  I am part of the SWOON 2013 QAL over at Fairy Face Designs!  It has been so much fun.  Make sure to check it out!

I have met some new friends over at Anything Goes Quilt-n-Sew @ Stitch by Stitch!  This linky party is all about what you are working on.  Check it out!

Here's everything cut...
marked and organized!  I am ready to start sewing.  I really enjoy HST,  There is so much you can do with them!
Trimming blocks is my least favorite thing to do.
More trimming.
I pressed all the seams open!  Less bulk...
What's wrong with this picture?  Into every quilter's life, a little unsewing must fall!
One...

Two...
Three...
Four...
Five...
Six down...and 3 to go!  I am hoping to get the top to my 'Swoon' done this week.  Do you guys have any ideas as to how to quilt this quilt?  The finished size it going to be 80x80.  I have never quilted a quilt of this size.  I just can't decide.  Leave your ideas in my comments, please!

Do not forget the Let's Get Acquainted - New Bloggers Blog Hop is still in full swing!  You absolutely must check out the newest blogs and bloggers.  Their stories are fascinating and their blogs are informative.  Click on the button to the right, or clink on the link above.  My story is coming up on July 26th!







7 comments:

Kim said...

Wow oh wow!! Those blocks are amazing, Miss Vicki!! Loving the colour palette!! Oh...and don't worry about the incy wincy inaccuracy.....'tis what makes a quilt 'perfect'!!

Unknown said...

I wish I had the patience to piece like you! Well done, the blocks are beautiful!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Dropped by from Anything Goes, so many Swoon blocks, they're going to look great together in a quilt :)

Marelize Ries said...

Your swoon blocks are gorgeous, and the fabrics stunning! There are so many custom quilting designs out there that the possibilties are endless.
Thanks for the shoutout and for linking up xxx

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

I have seen a lot of quilts lately with just all over designs and it looks great. I think I over think it sometimes:) Especially with a wonderful block like this, it will shine through.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I'm swooning over your Swoons! You know me- when in doubt... stipple! I think you really want to let the blocks and fabrics shine!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Trepmom said...

Your blocks are lovely, Vicki. Can't wait to see the whole thing put together. Stippling will look good. Or curlyques or something like that, I think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...