Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Can you tell????

Can you tell that our expected grand baby is a...........GIRL?


I have my work cut out for me!  I don't think that this little girl will want for anything.....do you?



I bought 1 1/4 yd of flannel and trimmed it into a square.  I also bought 5 yd of ric-rac, of which I only used 4 yds.  I trimmed off the corners and pressed it under 1/3 in., then I pressed it under again.  I applied the ric-rac with 2 rows of stitching.


I think it turned out so soft and cuddly!  I can just imagine swaddling a new born in this pretty modern receiving blanket!  It measures 39in square and is 100% cotton flannel.


All in all....I am a very excited grandmother-to-be!!

Make sure to link to Needle & Thread Thursday over at My Quilt Infatuation!  There are a lot of quilters out there that a showing their wares!!  It is so much fun to get new ideas and inspiration!!

Also, link over to Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts for the 'Small Blog Meet'!  She is introducing everyone to small blog bloggers.  We all love comments, so let's get to know each other!!

Also, check out the Let's Get Acquainted - New Bloggers Blog Hop over at Plum & June.  Beth is sponsoring another hop this year, introducing everyone to some wonderful new blogs!!  What a great way to make new friends.  It is going on now through the end of July.  Click on the button below to get the complete schedule!

4 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

How exciting to have a granddaughter on the way!

This blanket is great! I love the rick-rack trim!

Paula said...

Congratulations! The blanket is beautiful. I've got a granddaughter due in 16 days and I dare say she's going to be over-indulged with grandma-made goodies as well.

Kim said...

Spoil your grand-baby...you......no... really! How wonderful for you all! She will be one very spoilt li'l baby....but then that's how it should be. Love your receiving blanket! Gorgeous fabric and ric rac!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your receiving blanket is gorgeous! Your little soon to be born grandaughter is very lucky :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...