Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Finished Fun!!!

I didn't know that I needed a 'thread catcher', until I started machine quilting!

Not easy to turn all of this bulk through a 4 in. opening!

Here she is!  This pattern is from the tutorial at Crazy Mom Quilts!
A request for new pillowcases was also fulfilled!  Thank goodness for the "Magic Pillowcase" pattern.
So soft and bright!  Yes, I will confess, these are for my husband and me!!  We like fun things, too!!
My first "Swoon" block.  I'll be heading out tomorrow to pick up 2 new fat quarters.  I'm just not happy with this block.  It turned out a little wonky!  I'm participating in the "QAL Swoon 2013" over at Fairy Face Designs!

Do you follow Needle & Thread Thursdays over at My Quilt Infatuation?  Well, you should!  It is a fun and exciting place to see what other quilters are working on.  Head on over (the button is on my sidebar) and check it out!  Thanks Kelly, for hosting this exciting new linky party!!!

Have you checked out the Let's Get Acquainted-New Bloggers Blog Hop over at Plum and June?  Find a schedule blow.  My day to introduce myself is July 26.  It is exciting to meet all of the new bloggers out there.

July 12
Anne @ PlayCrafts
Cath @ Wombat Quilts
Sarah @ {no} hats in the house
Christen @ Love by Hand
Julie @ 627handworks

July 19
Alison @ Making Happyness
Ella and Nesta @ Ella & Nesta's Little Room
Nicole @ Modern Handcraft
Aylin @ AyliN-Nilya
Kelsey and Amanda @ Everyday Fray

July 26
RobinSue @ RobinSue Quilts
Elisa Lea @ Lovelea Designs
Elizabeth @ In The Boon Docks
Emily @ Sew E.T.
Em @ Sewing by Moonlight

8 comments:

Trepmom said...

Well, you certainly made up for not having your guild meeting :). You had a very busy and productive day! Love your thread catcher, pillowcases, and especially your swoon block. It doesn't look wonky to me at all. It's very pretty and will look stunning mixed with the other colored blocks. I can't wait to see more! Hope you have a good day :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects! Loving the fabrics you are using!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Love the thread catcher!I never knew how much thread I was throwing on the floor until I had one of these! Gotta try that Swoon block. Looks nice.

Kim said...

Love those 'Magic Pillowcases' Miss Vicki!! Now you'll be able to rest your weary head after a busy day of stitching your Swoon quilt!! Happy dreams!!

Quilting Nonnie said...

Those thread catchers are adorable! Yours are so bright and happy. My dog would be unhappy if I had one because she thinks the floor of my quilt room is doggie smorgasboard!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Your thread catcher looks great Vicki! I've been meaning to make one for myself, but just haven't stopped working on quilts long enough, haha!

Thanks again for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

OPQuilt said...

That thread catcher looks great, and a love the pillowcases and swoon block. It's a soft-colored block, and yours is monochrome in the tans and beiges. Pretty!

I cut down on a lot of thread tails everywhere once I started using leader and ender pieces of fabric (sew onto one at the end of a seam). It really corralled the thread mess, but I also have a small trash can for snips and bits right by my machine (it's just not as cute as yours!).

Elizabeth

Ruth said...

My thread catcher is a small plastic tub, I might have to make something better after seeing your lovely one. Love the swoon block - hoping to piece my first block today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...