Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A sewing pouch for Miss Luella...

Simply Miss Luellas' Deborah is a wonderful friend, and it was her birthday last week!!  What does a quilter make for an even better quilter for her birthday?  A sewing pouch!!
This project was so much fun to make!  Here again, I had no pattern to follow, but knew what I wanted to make. 
I knew that I wanted a pocket for her glasses on one side and her scissors on the other....
I have been admiring every one's circular quilting, so I thought that this fabric lent itself to a circle! 

What is a sewing kit without a needle book?
Closing up the side seams.  You can really get a feel for the circular quilting!
Turn, baby, turn...
While I was taking this picture, a butterfly flew into the frame about 1/3 in on the bottom left side!

Here are the stats....finished size is 6 1/2 x 3 1/2. 
Cutting stats............needle book - 6-3 1/2 x 3in pieces
                                outside fabric and lining - 1 ea. -  8 1/2 x 7 1/2
                                7 in zipper
                                pocket - 7 1/2 x 4
                                binding - 1 1/2 x 7 1/2
**you can make this as scrappy as you'd like.  Use your stash and your imagination!!!

Check out Simply Miss Luella to see what beautiful work Deborah does.  It has been a while since she's posted, but she will start posting again later this summer.  Life sometimes gets in front of our blogging time!

I am linking this post to Needle & Thread Thursday over at My Quilt Infatuation.  You can click on over to check out the wonderful projects that are being featured!  Thank you Kelly for the chance to share with all our quilty friends!

It is so exciting to be part of the Let's Get Acquainted - New Bloggers Blog Hop!  Beth over at Plum and June has been such a blessing to those of us who are new and newer bloggers.  It is so amazing to see what these talented women are up to.  Please, click on over to get the entire schedule.  Visit ALL of the sites to see some super inspiring work!!!

                              
                            

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful gift. Lucky friend.

Kim said...

Such a lucky friend to have received such a lovely present! Do tell me Miss Vicki....are there more hours in your day than there are in mine?? No...of course, that's it....'tis those magic stitching fingers of yours!! ;)

Sara said...

What a sweet,sunshiny pouch!

P.S. don't you love lantana flowers?!

Deborah said...

What a lovely post. Your photos are beautiful!! And I'm so happy that pouch is MINE!

Acorn to Oak said...

That's a cute pouch. I enjoyed your post and pictures of how you made it. I especially like the photo of it being quilted. Great job! Enjoy your new pouch. :-)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

what a great quilty friend you are! love the pouch, and love the picture with the butterfly.

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Trepmom said...

Love the fabrics and the circular quilting. I love how you are such a courageous quilter. Not long ago you were only quilting straight lines. Now look at you and those fabulous circles. You certainly work circles around me! You go girl!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...