Monday, July 1, 2013

End of the Year!

Last Wednesday was the end of our quilting year at NFQ!  We had a productive day of finishes and clean-up, followed by a delicious luncheon.  I want to thank all of the wonderful ladies I work with all year.  Without them, my quilts would be flat and lifeless!  Here are the last 3 finishes of this year!




This is a Thimbleberries "Safe Haven" BOM that was donated last year.  I made this top last September at our fall retreat.  We just got it back from the quilter, and she did a fantastic job!  Thanks Miss. M!  It measures 90 x 95.




I finished this top in November of last year.  It is a Judy Martin pattern (Summer Lake) and kit that Miss D donated last fall.  It was a wonderful challenge and a lot of fun.  It measures 92 x 94,  Miss M also quilted this beauty!  There are 2026 pieces total!


This soft and cuddly comforter was tied.  It measures 64 x 93.


I also made lunch for my great friend Shirlock!  She brought me a 4th of July bouquet.  Thank you Shirlock, for the fun afternoon and the flowers!

Don't forget about the Let's Get Acquainted - New Bloggers Blog Hop going on now through the end of July!  Talk about productive quilters.  You will be so amazed to see what all of these wonderful quilters are up to!

You will also be inspired by Kim at Sarah Lizzie's!!  Her work is amazing.  Make sure to click on over to see what hand work is all about.  Prepare to be impressed!!!!!!

New Blogger Blog Hop Participant Schedule



Friday, June 7th
Nancy @ Owen's Olivia
Amy @ 13 Spools
Casey @ The Studiolo 
Nanette @ Yeah, I Made That

June 14

Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Melissa @ Melia Mae Quilting
Adrianne @ On The Windy Side
Molli @ Molli Sparkles
Laura @ Little And Lots
Valerie @ Between Quilts

Friday, June 21
Leigh Anne @ Ella's Cottage
Stacey @ The Tilted Quilt
Sarah @ Quilt Candy
Jackie @ NW Patchwork
Erica @ Happy Fabric
Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity
Lauren @ Seraphym

Friday, June 28
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling

Friday, July 5
Christa @ Christa Quilts!
Stephanie @ Quarter Incher

 July 12
Anne @ PlayCrafts
Cath @ Wombat Quilts
Sarah @ {no} hats in the house
Christen @ Love by Hand
Julie @ 627handworks

July 19
Alison @ Making Happyness
Ella and Nesta @ Ella & Nesta's Little Room
Nicole @ Modern Handcraft
Aylin @ AyliN-Nilya
Kelsey and Amanda @ Everyday Fray

July 26
RobinSue @ RobinSue Quilts
Elisa Lea @ Lovelea Designs
Elizabeth @ In The Boon Docks
Emily @ Sew E.T.
Em @ Sewing by Moonlight

8 comments:

Kim said...

Imagine my surprise, Miss Vicki, seeing you flogging my blog.....well that do beat all!! The check is in the mail!! ;) But in all seriousness, my goodness gracious golly gee whizz bang me.......such beautiful quilts!! I'm swooning over Summer Lake....'tis simply amazing...LOVE IT!! Glad you're there and I'm here....as I would have to 'borrow' it for a very long while. As ever beautiful work....now, my friend you can put your feet up and smell those beautiful, fragrant-filled roses!!

Lorna McMahon said...

Thanks for sharing all the eye candy, Vicki! I especially love that purple/pink/blue and neutral log cabin number called Summer Lake.

PS. Your link to "Kim at Sarah Lizzie" takes you to a blog that has no posts. She must be too busy to blog! Ha, ha!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Very lovely finishes! I also sew with a group that makes quilts with leftover fabrics for donation. I always enjoy seeing those "lemons" evolve into beautiful quilts.

Terri said...

Hi Vicki - I just had to come over from your comment on Sarah's Confessions blog to see what kinds of quilts you do. I'm so impressed. I love the log cabin! So I signed up as a follower. Gotta see what's next.
Hugs

Trepmom said...

This is a beautiful sampling of the many quilts you wonderful women have put together. I hope your auction makes a ton of money for your charities. I can't decide if I like the safe haven or the log cabin quilt better. Just beautiful!

ChristaQuilts said...

Great quilts! I love the quilting on the Log Cabin!

Kate said...

Pretty projects! What a great idea to end the qiulting year in July when it does not compete with the holidays.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Perfect post to rejuvenate! You are very talented!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...